Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Exhause tuning opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
RogueHD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhause tuning opinions

I have a 2007 St Bob, the only thing I have done to it is get a K&N air filter and V&H big radius 2into2. I dont realy plan on doing much more to it, maybe a big air sucker one day when I have $ to throw around. I have been riding as is for 6 months or so and its a daily rider. I plan on keeping this bike long term so, long term health of it is a priority.

I was shooting the breeze with the parts guy at the stealer and was asking about fuelpaks. The conversation evolved and went from fuelpak to powercommander to SE race tuners. The HD guy said that in his opinion and from what he has heard is that fuelpaks are worthless. (He reminded me that he is not a tech and a tech would be better to talk to but I didnt have time) Problem for me is that by definition fuelpaks do all I want and are the easier, cheaper route. Im not looking to go all out tuning this thing and certainaly dont want to blow a bunch of cash and time getting powercommanders for around $300 plus the dyno attachment $200 and learning computer programs (as I am not too savvy in that area). The SE race tuner is what was suggested as best for around $500 plus dyno in the future. I was also told that my dealer doesnt even deal with power commanders any more and does all SE race tuners...

Im confused, I was convinced my mere fuelpak purchase is all I wanted to make my bike run fairly efficient with the pipes. I feel I either convinced myself of an easy/cheaper purchase or becoming the victim of the upsale. And if I got powercommander or race tuner, for all Im looking to do, would dyno be inevitable or could I do my lowly tuning myself?

Thanks for any help and opinions welcome

Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If that is all you are going to do to your bike,,a fuelpak will work just fine..I used a fuelpak on my last two bikes and a couple of my friends use them,,,no problems at all,,easy to install and setup,,,the tech help is good too,,after installing one on my ultra I started getting about 30 mph,,called V&H and they told what to do,,I now get about 50 mph,,and everything looks good after 5000 miles,,,(plugs, pipes),,V&H will help you custom tune it if you have any troubles,,,