Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Revolution Performance 114" Kit for TC88

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Slikroc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you've made a good decision. I'll be doing the Hillside 98" this winter. Keep us informed throughout the whole build.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced

Will do.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
petewerner
Road Captain
Default Pictures please!

Originally Posted by RoadKingGibson
Thanks Scott and Boogaludude. I've made my mind up and I'm going to go with the Hillside 98" kit. I've already started dismantling the bike. Tank is off. Now the fun begins.

Pictures please!! Get a camera and get pics as u go it always has the potential to help someone else try and do the same work as u, now that there are a few pics and some documentation. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Default same boat

Originally Posted by RoadKingGibson
Hi Guys,

Well I'm thinking about rebuilding the top end of my bike this winter (2002 Road King Classic). I have so much blow-by coming out of my air cleaner, it's getting ridiculous.

I've been reading on these forums for a long time now and have a couple final build ideas I'm considering. One is the 114" kit from Revolution Performance.

I know they had some bad press a couple years ago with their cylinder plating methods but I think things of cleared up. Their history isn't why I'm posting this thread.

I was wondering if anyone has done this build and what their impressions are of it? I could stick to a more simple big bore kit with some head work but this massive cubic inch interests me and having the cases bored out isn't as expensive or as much work as I originally thought.

Is it worth going to a 114" engine or is a Hillside Hot 98" kit good enough?

Right now I have the SE Stage I kit, Andrews TW21 cams, new SE cam plate with hyd tensioners, new lifters and pushrods, and PCIII. I want to stick with the current cam as well. Maybe that is a bad decision on a big cubic inch build like this.

Your thoughts?
Cycle Rama just did a stage III to my 06 street glide which ran great but I twisted my stock Harley 4in flywheel. Now that I have the bike torn all the way down, I am not sure if I should have the flywheel weld and do the Revolution 114 which there isnt much info on it or if I should do something more basic like installing a 103 or 106 stroker crank which has proven results and reliability. I feel that I must go bigger since its torn down but I want the most for the least amount of money with the best reliability.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer

I also wonder how much other work will I have to do to my bike besides the boreing of the cases will to go from 95 stage 3 to this Revolution 114ci all bore. Will my ported heads work? will my bored throttle body work or do I have to go bigger? bigger clutch? I wish I could find more dyno results on different Harley set ups.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,547 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Scott,

Since Gibson decided on the 98" kit, I hope I'm not hi-jacking here. Is the 98" just bigger pistons vs a 95" like what's currently in my bike? ( '00 FLTRSEI.)

I ask because as I cruise past 100,000 miles this month I thought I'd take my extra set of old heads and get 'ready': Send them out for fresh valves/guides, ( consider "street" port?), keep my 26G cams and bearings, ( they're only 15,000 miles old,) and plan for a fresh bore with oversize .005 95" pistons.

But now I consider your 98" as a possible option. Your thoughts? ( Remember, this is an old motorcyle (!) but with the very strong crank.)

Thanks guys...

Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Scott,

Since Gibson decided on the 98" kit, I hope I'm not hi-jacking here. Is the 98" just bigger pistons vs a 95" like what's currently in my bike? ( '00 FLTRSEI.)

I ask because as I cruise past 100,000 miles this month I thought I'd take my extra set of old heads and get 'ready': Send them out for fresh valves/guides, ( consider "street" port?), keep my 26G cams and bearings, ( they're only 15,000 miles old,) and plan for a fresh bore with oversize .005 95" pistons.

But now I consider your 98" as a possible option. Your thoughts? ( Remember, this is an old motorcyle (!) but with the very strong crank.)

Thanks guys...
Stiggy,
The 98" is an over-bored 95".
As you mentioned, with a set of heads that are brought up to speed with the engine's air requirements, that'll really snap that to attention!!
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced

I also wonder how much other work will I have to do to my bike besides the boreing of the cases will to go from 95 stage 3 to this Revolution 114ci all bore. Will my ported heads work? will my bored throttle body work or do I have to go bigger? bigger clutch? I wish I could find more dyno results on different Harley set ups.
The questions you have here are some of the same I had and because of the extra expense and some of the unknown factor of the 114ci from Revolution performance, it helped me decide to go with the 98" Hillside build.

I would imagine to get the proper power out of the 114" you would need larger injectors, throttle body, beef up the clutch. All these things increase the cost and I really do not want to spend more than the 98" build from Hillside.

Guys are also asking me to take photos and document. I'm contemplating this right now. It takes a lot of extra time to do a proper job documenting the build, but I know how useful these threads are for people. I know it's helped me already.

I'll probably be starting the build in the next couple weeks. Right now I'm finishing my Carlini Gangster Ape install. I already have the tank and exhaust off so I'll be starting from that point. I'll start a brand new thread for it as well.

As I write this I'm convincing myself to document this build. I'm going all the way on it, including a professional dyno tune at the end of it, so I will have a real dyno map to provide as well.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 AM
06 roadglide
Intermediate

Roadking you made a good choice. I have benn running a Hillside 98" for awhile and it just keeps performing better all the time. We have built a few other Hillside motors and their all running great. Scott and the Hillside crew will build you a great motor.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Mike,
Thanks for the kind words!
Haven't heard from Gene lately.
How's he doing??
Scott

Quick Reply: Revolution Performance 114" Kit for TC88