Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Just installed Khrome Werks drag pipe baffles.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just installed Khrome Werks drag pipe baffles.

I had started a previous thread on here asking how to quiet down the exhaust on my 2005 Fat Boy 103"SE.
I have Samson II Rip Saws with power cones at the forward end. This model Rip Saw does not come with baffles. I called Samson and they have no baffles that will work. They said this model was not designed for baffles.
A few months ago I put a lollipop setup in each turn down tip. They are meant to give a bit more back pressure so you get better power at low to mid range. I didn't have a power problem. I put them in to see if they would quiet the exhaust just a bit. They changed the sound to a lower deeper one and I think knocked the sound volume down a hair. It may of been the different tone that made them sound a bit quieter to me.
I just got in some Khrome Werks 9" long drag pipe baffles, for 1 3/4" OD pipes, from J&P Cycles and installed them today. I left the lollipops in the tips but turned them so they were parallel to the direction of the exhaust flow (least resistance). I took the bike for a test drive and the baffles work great. The exhaust sound is still loud, but not extremely loud like it was and the tone is still good.
My turn down tips clamp onto the end of the drag pipes. This covers up the hole that you would normally use to bolt the baffles to.
I was thinking I would have to remove my heat shield and possibly my drag pipes to drill a hole forward in each one, for the baffles. I thought it wise to make sure the baffles fit inside the pipes before I went to all this trouble. The ID of the pipes is 1 5/8".
The baffles started in real snug so I took a block of wood and tapped them in all the way. They went in so tight I doubt if they will move, so I didn't bother to drill and bolt them in place.
Tom

Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Snipes2011
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any videos of how they sound?