Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Thanks for 95' Big Bore advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 PM
jdnjo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for 95' Big Bore advice

Wanted to say thanks to all the great members for the great info and sage advice I have gained over the past few months reading/researching the upgrade for my 2006 Night Train. There are so many great posts on the 95" Big Bore and myriad of cams, I felt confident in the decision I made for my bike.

Finally took the plunge while installing the hydro cam tensioner kit at 38k miles. I decided to bite the bullet and install the 95" Big Bore with SE 204 cams, new lifters, tapered adjustable push rods, TTS and a Master Tune. I decided to leave the heads alone. I am in the USAF and did not have the time to attempt the upgrade myself.

After much research and good feedback from local riding buddies, HD of Cartersville GA did all the motor work and dyno tune. Their Master Tech, Dave, asked plenty of questions to ensure they gave me what I asked for. Got my bike back today with the DynoJet WINPEP 7 print out.
HP = 93.81
TQ = 103.75

THANK YOU HD FORUM MEMBERS!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by jdnjo

Wanted to say thanks to all the great members for the great info and sage advice I have gained over the past few months reading/researching the upgrade for my 2006 Night Train. There are so many great posts on the 95" Big Bore and myriad of cams, I felt confident in the decision I made for my bike.

Finally took the plunge while installing the hydro cam tensioner kit at 38k miles. I decided to bite the bullet and install the 95" Big Bore with SE 204 cams, new lifters, tapered adjustable push rods, TTS and a Master Tune. I decided to leave the heads alone. I am in the USAF and did not have the time to attempt the upgrade myself.

After much research and good feedback from local riding buddies, HD of Cartersville GA did all the motor work and dyno tune. Their Master Tech, Dave, asked plenty of questions to ensure they gave me what I asked for. Got my bike back today with the DynoJet WINPEP 7 print out.
HP = 93.81
TQ = 103.75

THANK YOU HD FORUM MEMBERS!
Real good numbers from a 95" with no headwork; shows the difference betwee the capability of the '06 and earlier heads. I had the same build about 5 years ago but with an '05; 92TQ/85HP; SERT tuned by one of the best. A better exhaust would have helped those numbers a bit but the real difference is in the heads.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
jdnjo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got lucky having an '06 with the better flowing heads. Definitely saved some cash there. I kept my SE 16 gauge pipes, but they have BCT Monster Baffles instead of the very restrictive ones that came with them. I studied and read more posts on cams (SE, Andrews, Woods, etc.) than I can count before making a decision, but I was trying to keep it a moderate build as this is my daily driver to work most days.

Too bad riders have to do these upgrades to open these bikes up. Dang EPA restrictions.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome numbers without any head work. Enjoy the ride bro