Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Hypercharger install question.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Quicknick
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hypercharger install question.

I just purchased a Hypercharger Stinger from one of my hero's on this site. I'm installing it on my 94 Eg Classic w/ carbed Evo. My first question...... Where do I get my vacuum from to operate the butterflies?
Secondly, I removed my factory air cleaner including the vent tubes attached to the heads. Can I run those open, or do they need to be plugged, or what? Thanks in advance for your help and advice on this. Nicholas

Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

I can't offer much help, it's your bike, but my advice is, find a good quality aircleaner setup to increase air flow. There are a lot of good ones available. You'll find that that hypercharger is not very well respected by most knowledgeable guys. Leave the phoney "looks like an old Hillborn injector setup" to the sidewalk commandos.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM
DaveCarlson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 They look kinda cool but actually hurt performance.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Ohio UC
Intermediate

Not trying to be an azz but OP was looking for help with something he has already purchased. He wasn't soliciting opinions on the hyper charger. Not cool!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
`06Train
Intermediate

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-25HD-0511.pdf

Last edited by `06Train; 02-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Remove your air cleaner cover with an Allen wrench.

Remove the air cleaner assembly with Torx sockets or drivers. Remove the breather tubes by hand. Remove the air cleaner backing plate with a socket wrench and hex socket.

Close the petcock. Start your Harley and run it until the carburetor is out of gas.

Mark the throttle cables with masking tape and disconnect them from the throttle cam. Disconnect the fuel line where it enters the carburetor. Disconnect the enricher from the left side of the Harley.

Pull the carburetor from the black rubber exhaust manifold boot by hand.

Cut a 1-1/2-inch section of vacuum hose from the hose included with your Hypercharger kit. Assemble the vacuum T included with your kit to form a vacuum line assembly, which will replace your original breather tubes.

Install the vacuum hose assembly on your carburetor as shown in your Hypercharger kit.

Reinstall the carburetor in the intake manifold boot. Reconnect the throttle cables and the fuel line. Reconnect the enricher to the left side of the motorcycle.

Attach the chrome carburetor support bracket to the mouth of the carburetor with the hollow bolts and cup washer included in the kit. Sandwich the intake gasket between the carburetor and the support bracket and tighten the bolts.

Assemble the rubber boot assembly included with your Hypercharger as shown in the kit. Snap the breather boots in the assembly over the cup washers.

Remove the round trap door in the Hypercharger with a 1/8-inch Allen wrench. Insert three 1/4-inch socket head cap screws through the mounting holes in the Hypercharger from the inside. Remove the adhesive backing from one of the intake gaskets and place it over the three mounting screws.

Sandwich the intake gasket between the breather manifold and support bracket. Position the Hypercharger over the breather manifold and bolt the Hypercharger securely to the carburetor support bracket/ breather manifold assembly.

Replace the trap door and gasket.

Plug the vacuum hose assembly into the vacuum pod air jet on the back of the Hypercharger.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Quicknick
Cruiser

Thanks ng. That's what I was looking for. Because it's a used part, it came with no paperwork or directions. I'll run it for awhile and see if I like it. If their are any problems or performance issues, I'll go back to stock. I was just trying to change up my look a little bit. Nicholas

Old 02-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohio UC
Not trying to be an azz but OP was looking for help with something he has already purchased. He wasn't soliciting opinions on the hyper charger. Not cool!
He asked for help AND advice! If you feel he wasn't soliciting opinions, why are you giving yours? My advice stands. It's his bike, as I said, but I wouldn't advise putting time, effort, and money into something that will make my bike run worse.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Quicknick
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Northside
He asked for help AND advice! If you feel he wasn't soliciting opinions, why are you giving yours? My advice stands. It's his bike, as I said, but I wouldn't advise putting time, effort, and money into something that will make my bike run worse.
Your advice is well taken and appreciated Northside, as well as everyone else s. After carefully reading these directions, I don't know if I even want to screw with this thing. Good thing I got it cheap. I might do a turn and burn on Ebay and make some money off it. Anybody want a Stinger? LOL

Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 PM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I actually ran a Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger on my bike when it was a stock 88 and had Samson slip-ons. Both were on the bike when I bought it.I had it dyno-ed before I did my cam and 95" build and it put out 68 hp/80 ft.lb. torque which ain't bad numbers for a stock motor.The hypercharger didn't hurt the performance as guys on the forum will usuallly suggest. Not saying it's the best a/c you can put on, but it ain't the worse.You can go to the dyno thread in the softail forum to check comparable numbers for different builds and setups. Since you have the hypercharger, install it if you want and see what your seat of the pants dyno tells you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypercharger install question.