Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Fuel filter kits for 2000 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel filter kits for 2000 Ultra

Did a search for this but didn't find anything related to it.. Has anyone found a work around (different part) for the High Dollar fuel filter kit for the 2000 MM EFI Ultra Classic.. Found an OEM at Surdyke for 165 and another at Kutter for 137.00

Ok all you oracles of wisdom...... Let me have it!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member

bump!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 791 Likes on 602 Posts

Is bike running bad?
Was bike having some kind of problem?
Do you need all the parts in the kit?
The Sock part of fuel inlet takes care of tremendous filtering.
Not a popular change-out part for M & M fuel injection.
#15 is part number 61959-00 (fuel filter ONLY).
Consider review of part numbers at Ronnie's Harley Davidson OEM parts microfiche. Ronnie's $107 while surdyke & kutter has it for less than $90
A trip to NAPA autoparts with part in hand might get you an alternative from one of their books..
Unless the fuel pump itself is rusted or the bike or tank was abused i might be inclined to not change it.
http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...partfinder.htm

Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by im
Is bike running bad?
Was bike having some kind of problem?
Do you need all the parts in the kit?
The Sock part of fuel inlet takes care of tremendous filtering.
Not a popular change-out part for M & M fuel injection.
#15 is part number 61959-00 (fuel filter ONLY).
Consider review of part numbers at Ronnie's Harley Davidson OEM parts microfiche. Ronnie's $107 while surdyke & kutter has it for less than $90
A trip to NAPA autoparts with part in hand might get you an alternative from one of their books..
Unless the fuel pump itself is rusted or the bike or tank was abused i might be inclined to not change it.
http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...partfinder.htm

Yeah, started yesterday...ran low on gas and acted like it was running out of gas. Stopped and put about half a tank of 87 in it until I could get 91 this morning. stumbled for about 20 miles with a full tank. then I stopped for a while, and when I started off it was running normal.. no stumble like it's running out of gas....Has 58000 on the clock and never changed out filter. probably time, and may have cracks in the in-tank supply line; will check this winter, if it continues to work for right now...Thanks for the link to Ronnie's. it's handy when you need to find the part numbers. already called about the high pressure check valve and flex line...looks like that is an obsolete part now. looked at the Goodridge lines to replace, but they show not to work with the 2000,, just up to 1999. Guess i'll do some looking around to see what I can do with em......

UPDATE--Just talked with Ronnie's, looks like the check valve and flex tube is not obsolete, just changed part numbers.

Last edited by ZUTEDUFF; 08-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 791 Likes on 602 Posts

Please consider just "looking" into tank first.
Removal of top tank plate and just look.
I had a problem with a 1998 road king M & M fuel injection that had me scratching my head.
It was a piece of factory tank liner that peeled off and would get sucked towards the sock filter and then release/float when bike slowed down. Then it would repeat when it got sucked into place again and repeat cycle.
The fix was to capture the piece /drain tank. Piece was from center of tank near pump..
A would guess debris or fuel line issue but i would not replace that filter yet.