Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Exhaust System Topics (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics-57/)
-   -   2013 FLHTCU Exhaust system (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics/935498-2013-flhtcu-exhaust-system.html)

Ron.R 01-20-2014 10:26 PM

2013 FLHTCU Exhaust system

Ok! I have a 2013 Electra glide ultra classic. It's got a stage 1 kit. (V&V power duals, with V&V twin slash tail, with a heavy breather intake, and a screaming eagle tuner) and tuned. My question is, Can I pull the baffles out the twin slash slip on's that are on it and re-tune it, without problems? The dealer say's no because the 103ci needs the back presser and it could damage engine internals. I call B.S because the power duals are an X-pipe so it is essentially a 2-1-2 system, creating there back presser. I feel as long as it stick it on the dyno I should be ok.

YES! OR NO!

BVBOB 01-20-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ron.R (Post 12223414)
Ok! I have a 2013 Electra glide ultra classic. It's got a stage 1 kit. (V&V power duals, with V&V twin slash tail, with a heavy breather intake, and a screaming eagle tuner) and tuned. My question is, Can I pull the baffles out the twin slash slip on's that are on it and re-tune it, without problems? The dealer say's no because the 103ci needs the back presser and it could damage engine internals. I call B.S because the power duals are an X-pipe so it is essentially a 2-1-2 system, creating there back presser. I feel as long as it stick it on the dyno I should be ok.

YES! OR NO!

How do you know you already have too much or not enough back pressure? Pulling the baffles with a proper tune will NOT do any damage to engine internals, if you reduce the back pressure too much you may be sorely disappointed at the loss of low end torque and possibly overall performance. As far as the head pipe creating back pressure, it ain't happening, the back pressure will come largely by the mufflers. If they leave the system in closed loop the potential for bad a bad signal to the oxygen sensors is very likely with an open system due to reversion.

Ron.R 01-21-2014 01:38 AM

Hey Thx for the info. actually i was extremely impressed from the overall performance of the bike without the baffles. I can tell its running much richer then before though.
Do you think a new tune would help out or just look for a different system in all?

BVBOB 01-21-2014 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ron.R (Post 12223742)
Hey Thx for the info. actually i was extremely impressed from the overall performance of the bike without the baffles. I can tell its running much richer then before though.
Do you think a new tune would help out or just look for a different system in all?

The V&H power dual setup is one of the best headpipes out there and it has proven itself over and over on my dyno. Just get the right slip on mufflers and it is a system that is tough to beat.