Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/)
-   -   Can't edit my posts (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues/1198687-cant-edit-my-posts.html)

RK4ME 09-16-2017 11:05 AM

Can't edit my posts

Well, it's working HERE but not on General HD Chat or Off Topic. Strange.

Mr. Wizard 09-16-2017 05:07 PM

There is a 240 minute time limit for editing posts now.

If you need a post edited, hit the report post button then give a detail of what edit you would like to make and a Moderator will assist.

multihdrdr 09-16-2017 06:59 PM

Pretty Drastic change, isn't it?

Some people will say "Who cares" and for others, it will REALLY SUCK :(

In some particular cases, the FORUM will be the Worse because of this change

JustDave13 09-16-2017 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by multihdrdr (Post 16643954)
Pretty Drastic change, isn't it?

Some people will say "Who cares" and for others, it will REALLY SUCK :(

In some particular cases, the FORUM will be the Worse because of this change

Yep, it doesn't sound too good. Posting something and forgetting a word or punctuation could change the meaning of your post.

Example?
"I would..." "I wouldn't...". I've made this mistake a few times, caught it and edited.
Now the member will have to quote his or her own post and along with the correction

I would buy a Honda

Originally Posted by JustDave13 (Post 16643972)
I would buy a Honda

*Wouldn't

multihdrdr 09-16-2017 07:28 PM

OK you've got approx 3:45min left to edit any the above... are you Ok with what you said...well, you'll have to be :)

EDIT: (thank god)...I'm making light of this now just for fun, but I'm thinking for me this is going to suck ...big time. Some people won't "Get that" from their perspective

RK4ME 09-16-2017 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard (Post 16643721)
There is a 240 minute time limit for editing posts now.

If you need a post edited, hit the report post button then give a detail of what edit you would like to make and a Moderator will assist.

Thank you for your answer to my question. I think I just freed-up an hour or two of my day.

Ron750 09-27-2017 07:55 AM

What happened to the Edit button?

Whenever I post a link on the mobile browser, it isn't clickable. So I have to switch to Full Site. Then I hit edit and save to make the link clickable. My last few posts don't have an edit button, and I am signed in?

Any way to fix this? Or fix the Quick Chooser that has no choices, for about 2 years. Or make it so links are clickable without all these gyrations?

ChickinOnaChain 09-27-2017 08:47 AM

The edit option now has a 4 hour time limit now. After that, there's no way to edit your post. As for the the mobile browser, I can't help you there. I have HDF on Safari. Try another browser is my only suggestion.

Ron750 09-27-2017 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 16679101)
The edit option now has a 4 hour time limit now. After that, there's no way to edit your post. As for the the mobile browser, I can't help you there. I have HDF on Safari. Try another browser is my only suggestion.

Oh. I guess that's why there are more unclickable links now. The mobile browser doesn't post links properly on an Android or an IPhone. And with various browsers. If they aren't going to let you edit, then they should fix that problem. I appreciate you answering COC, but isn't there some kind of IT department that gets paid to fix these problems? Maybe they're in a state with medical marijuana, because they seem to have a poor attention span.

ChickinOnaChain 09-27-2017 02:12 PM

From what I've read here, it was mistakenly set to "zero" some time ago and it was recently reset to 4 hours, which they say is correct. Why and who set it to zero, I never heard. It was the IT department that reset it. Sorry.