Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/)
-   -   HUMOR Area - Threads Short Lived (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues/1214237-humor-area-threads-short-lived.html)

BuzzCap7 01-12-2018 08:28 AM

HUMOR Area - Threads Short Lived

Once you post a new thread in the humor area (under off-topic), that thread does not stay there very long before it disappears.

The above means that a lot of members are going to miss the jokes because they are therefore only a short period of time before they disappear.

I would recommend letting the jokes hang there for a dramatically longer period of time giving others a chance for a good laugh. Something we can always use..... A good laugh.

BuzzCap7

TriGeezer 01-12-2018 09:57 AM

The default display option in the humor section is “last day”. So, select a longer time period and all your wisdom will show up,

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...e18227be8f.png

IzzoQuazzo 01-12-2018 10:19 AM

They stay there as long as any other thread in any other section. Unless it's pulled by a moderator. As per our conversation recently, if a thread violates our rules, racism is a prime example, it may be pulled without notice. I think you know what I mean.

BuzzCap7 01-12-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 16990755)
The default display option in the humor section is “last day”. So, select a longer time period and all your wisdom will show up,

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo (Post 16990826)
They stay there as long as any other thread in any other section. Unless it's pulled by a moderator. As per our conversation recently, if a thread violates our rules, racism is a prime example, it may be pulled without notice. I think you know what I mean.

You gize are always there to help m eout with my little problems.......and I GREATLY APPRECIATE that.

Have I told you lately that I love you all!!!!

BuzzCap7

TriGeezer 01-12-2018 11:45 AM

Awww....gawrsh...😄

ChickinOnaChain 01-12-2018 12:40 PM

Go to USER PC
Click on EDIT OPTIONS
Go to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
Go to DEFAULT THREAD AGE CUT OFF
You'll see where you can see them for a day or see them all.

Ron750 01-12-2018 01:43 PM

You can only set the date range on the full site. Why is it only one day, for the humor section in the mobile browser? It does make most humor threads very short lived, and we could all use a laugh. And these are not offensive jokes, I'm talking about.

ChickinOnaChain 01-12-2018 02:14 PM

I can't answer that. But it doesn't make any sense for it to be one way on the full site and another way on the other.

hvacgaspiping 01-12-2018 02:56 PM

While we`re on the subject of site navigation, I would like for someone to figure out how to keep the added icons in one place, instead of them shifting around all of the time randomly. It would be a whole lot easier to find the icon you`re looking for if you knew where it would be at all times.

BuzzCap7 01-12-2018 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 16991284)
Go to USER PC
Click on EDIT OPTIONS
Go to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
Go to DEFAULT THREAD AGE CUT OFF
You'll see where you can see them for a day or see them all.

Thanks matey!

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping (Post 16991625)
While we`re on the subject of site navigation, I would like for someone to figure out how to keep the added icons in one place, instead of them shifting around all of the time randomly. It would be a whole lot easier to find the icon you`re looking for if you knew where it would be at all times.

You can't I was told.

I took a WORD DOC and posted in there all the icons I like. Then I just copy/paste from there.

Was spending a freaking lifetime with the emoticons moving around all the time. 'hope that helps.

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping (Post 16991616)
:icon_that:

Post #2 is the answer matey.

BuzzCap7