Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Housekeeping of the HD Forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts
Default Housekeeping of the HD Forums

Maybe it's just been my experience but lately I'm seeing a number of people come in here to ask a question and they end up asking it twice; once in a forum for their bike, and the other in their bike's model year range. Why is the HD forum broken out like this? I know y'all have been around for a long time but is it really necessary to have so many sub-forums? Personally, I've always believed the engine is what sets the historical significance of a Harley.

For instance, if you ask a question in the Road King section about your 1998 Road King's crappy fuel injection your question ends up covering a range over 20 years and three different engines. But, if you ask a Road King question related to your 1998 Road King's crappy fuel injection you'll get a LOT more positive hits from the Evo forum since that's where the information is about your crappy fuel injection system. It doesn't matter the bike, that system was used on a number of Evo bikes.

This is just a suggestion, I'm a pretty big fan of organization.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

My Dad told me about guys like you no being any fun ......

Just funnin’

Old 03-26-2018, 11:44 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

It's actually a violation of Forum Rule 5...

"Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one.

In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, don't post twice in a row in a thread."

If you see this happening, click the report icon, the orange/yellow triangle and report it. We'll take care of it.