Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Introducing Infinite Scroll

Old 05-14-2018, 12:26 PM
IB Nolan
Internet Brands
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Introducing Infinite Scroll

We are launching a new, simpler way to read HDForums: Infinite Scroll.

Instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to read additional pages, you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality of the site.

We understand that this infinite scroll feature isn't for everybody, and we understand that. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or simply want to remove related threads, head to the User CP > Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads” in the Thread Display Options.

**For users using the mobile template on their phones, I would like to add that the User CP option to disable infinite scroll and related threads does NOT apply to the mobile template.

The following 2 users liked this post by IB Nolan:
CaptainAwesome (05-23-2018), son of the hounds (05-17-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 03:04 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Thanks very much for keeping a switch that allows turning off the new bars at the top and bottom, rather than forcing everyone into a one size fits some.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:21 PM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,997 Likes on 12,901 Posts

thanks for being able to disable that indefinite scroll. that's a feature I can live without

Old 05-14-2018, 10:03 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Originally Posted by cficole
Thanks very much for keeping a switch that allows turning off the new bars at the top and bottom, rather than forcing everyone into a one size fits some.
If you are referring to the "New Bars" that I'm thinking of, where's the "Switch" (If on Desktop version)

Old 05-15-2018, 04:10 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
If you are referring to the "New Bars" that I'm thinking of, where's the "Switch" (If on Desktop version)
Yes, on my PC with Firefox, the bars with shortcuts at top and bottom, that weren't there before the change. It's the Infinite Scroll feature switch referenced in the first post -- those bars go on and off with that.

Last edited by cficole; 05-15-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:17 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by cficole
Yes, on my PC with Firefox, the bars with shortcuts at top and bottom, that weren't there before the change. It's the Infinite Scroll feature switch referenced in the first post -- those bars go on and off with that.
Oh OK, I haven't turned it off, so I wouldn't have known yet

Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

This change sucks and it sucks I had to go into user controls to make the forum function properly. Eliminating a way to reload the topics page on the forum you are on from the bottom of the page, as it was previously, is NOT an improvement in anyway. Nor is some silly tool bar hovering on the bottom. Maybe computer geeks like it but I have no use for it.

The following users liked this post:
hvacgaspiping (05-21-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:17 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Default infinite scroll mess, what the hell were you thinking???

With google chrome I cannot remove infinite scroll. I can find no switches anywhere. Forum works as usual with firefox. I am fairly illiterate when it comes to computer teck. Why are you messing up what I consider the best forum on the web?

Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
We are launching a new, simpler way to read HDForums: Infinite Scroll.

**For users using the mobile template on their phones, I would like to add that the User CP option to disable infinite scroll and related threads does NOT apply to the mobile template.
If on "desktop" (for sure windows), it's there in Chrome, but if using Mobile...see above note from Post#1

Old 05-21-2018, 07:35 AM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

I know on the internet, change always present. This infinite scroll is not for me, especially because of the two bars that appear top and bottom and block part of what I am reading!

Thanks for keeping the ability of disabling this new "feature".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll