Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/)
-   -   Introducing Infinite Scroll (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues/1233459-introducing-infinite-scroll.html)

IB Nolan 05-14-2018 12:26 PM

Introducing Infinite Scroll

We are launching a new, simpler way to read HDForums: Infinite Scroll.

Instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to read additional pages, you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality of the site.

We understand that this infinite scroll feature isn't for everybody, and we understand that. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or simply want to remove related threads, head to the User CP > Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads” in the Thread Display Options.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...9d918cbd60.png

**For users using the mobile template on their phones, I would like to add that the User CP option to disable infinite scroll and related threads does NOT apply to the mobile template.

cficole 05-14-2018 03:04 PM

Thanks very much for keeping a switch that allows turning off the new bars at the top and bottom, rather than forcing everyone into a one size fits some.

6113_ 05-14-2018 03:21 PM

thanks for being able to disable that indefinite scroll. that's a feature I can live without

multihdrdr 05-14-2018 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cficole (Post 17359434)
Thanks very much for keeping a switch that allows turning off the new bars at the top and bottom, rather than forcing everyone into a one size fits some.

If you are referring to the "New Bars" that I'm thinking of, where's the "Switch" (If on Desktop version)

cficole 05-15-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by multihdrdr (Post 17360548)
If you are referring to the "New Bars" that I'm thinking of, where's the "Switch" (If on Desktop version)

Yes, on my PC with Firefox, the bars with shortcuts at top and bottom, that weren't there before the change. It's the Infinite Scroll feature switch referenced in the first post -- those bars go on and off with that.

multihdrdr 05-15-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by cficole (Post 17362333)
Yes, on my PC with Firefox, the bars with shortcuts at top and bottom, that weren't there before the change. It's the Infinite Scroll feature switch referenced in the first post -- those bars go on and off with that.

Oh OK, I haven't turned it off, so I wouldn't have known yet

Guntoter 05-15-2018 09:34 PM

This change sucks and it sucks I had to go into user controls to make the forum function properly. Eliminating a way to reload the topics page on the forum you are on from the bottom of the page, as it was previously, is NOT an improvement in anyway. Nor is some silly tool bar hovering on the bottom. Maybe computer geeks like it but I have no use for it.

nytryder 05-18-2018 07:17 AM

infinite scroll mess, what the hell were you thinking???

With google chrome I cannot remove infinite scroll. I can find no switches anywhere. Forum works as usual with firefox. I am fairly illiterate when it comes to computer teck. Why are you messing up what I consider the best forum on the web?

multihdrdr 05-18-2018 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by IB Nolan (Post 17359085)
We are launching a new, simpler way to read HDForums: Infinite Scroll.

**For users using the mobile template on their phones, I would like to add that the User CP option to disable infinite scroll and related threads does NOT apply to the mobile template.

If on "desktop" (for sure windows), it's there in Chrome, but if using Mobile...see above note from Post#1

glasspilot 05-21-2018 07:35 AM

I know on the internet, change always present. This infinite scroll is not for me, especially because of the two bars that appear top and bottom and block part of what I am reading!

Thanks for keeping the ability of disabling this new "feature".