Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Moderator help sketchy at best!

Old 11-05-2018, 09:18 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool Moderator help sketchy at best!

Just curious about something and not looking to start a kafluffful. Anyone else have issue with trying to get a Moderator to help with editing ads on the Classified links? Had one that was out and out rude; even after I had provided step by step instructions on how to access my ad. Wrote to Terry the Troll Killer and and that was basically a waste of time - not even a response. Tried contacting a female moderator thinking maybe that might work faster but again - not even a response. Chicken on a Chain was the absolute best person to deal with: friendly, polite and right on the mark; and now he's out. Probably burnt out from doing everyone else's job. If the Moderators are going to be terse and take the attitude that we're imposing on them for some service; then perhaps the organizers of HD Forum should review their policy and let ppl edit their own classified ads. Especially little things like price changes, adding pics etc and especially ppl that have been long time members in good standing. Jeezus makes you feel like you're in kindergarten and asking permission to go to the washroom. I realize that someone might have screwed with the policy in some way which brought the "no-editing" policy about; but how about dealing with it on an individual basis. We're all adults here? I wonder if others feel this way and just haven't said anything. Again this is not meant to stir up the sh barrel so Uncle Larry, read it in the light that it was written, lol.

Thoughts?
RKLobo

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 11-05-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:30 AM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

Chicken is out?

Old 11-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,737 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Again this is not meant to stir up the sh barrel so Uncle Larry, read it in the light that it was written, lol ... Um, how did I get into the "kafluffful" ??? :<(

Old 11-05-2018, 09:41 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,339 Likes on 2,199 Posts

IBTL - this will be interesting..

Old 11-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,995 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Chicken on a Chain was the absolute best person to deal with: friendly, polite and right on the mark; and now he's out. Probably burnt out from doing everyone else's job. If the Moderators are going to be terse and take the attitude that we're imposing on them for some service; then perhaps the organizers of HD Forum should review their policy and let ppl edit their own classified ads. Especially little things like price changes, adding pics etc and especially ppl that have been long time members in good standing. Jeezus makes you feel like you're in kindergarten and asking permission to go to the washroom. I realize that someone might have screwed with the policy in some way which brought the "no-editing" policy about; but how about dealing with it on an individual basis. We're all adults here? I wonder if others feel this way and just haven't said anything. Again this is not meant to stir up the sh barrel so Uncle Larry, read it in the light that it was written, lol.

Thoughts?
RKLobo
What "no-editing" policy? Except for thread titles I can edit my stuff. Up to a certain number of days that is.
Chicken on a Chain isn't a Mod anymore?? He was pretty cool.
Maybe the new POD SQUAD has seized control of the board and ousted Parliament.
OMG - look at the date. It's Guy Fawkes Night! "Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,737 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
What "no-editing" policy? Except for thread titles I can edit my stuff. Up to a certain number of days that is.
Chicken on a Chain isn't a Mod anymore?? He was pretty cool.
Maybe the new POD SQUAD has seized control of the board and ousted Parliament.
OMG - look at the date. It's Guy Fawkes Night! "Remember, remember the 5th of November.

You have IIRC 4 hours to edit a post ... It would be nice to be able to edit Classified postings to delete sold items from a listing ...

The following users liked this post:
roadkinglobo (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

For informational purposes, Terry is no longer with us. Sorry you had such trouble.

Izzo

Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

You can edit up to a certain number of hours - not days. Then after that; you have to seek the assistance of a Moderator. I'm not saying Chickona Chain is out as a Moderator but it appears that he's out of editing duties and not accepting personal messages. Overworked probably.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:52 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
For informational purposes, Terry is no longer with us. Sorry you had such trouble.

Izzo
That would explain why I never heard from him lol. Anyway, is the topic of editing by members open for debate? How about some exception for longtime members or make it a graduated system?

Old 11-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,995 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
You can edit up to a certain number of hours - not days.
Hey, I'm retired. Days, hours all the same to me. Either way I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
IBTL - this will be interesting..
What the heck is IBTL? All this G.I. Joe acronym crap is killing me. Yooz guys gotta come back to the world and speak English.

Last edited by Hey Man; 11-05-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moderator help sketchy at best!