Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/)
-   -   New Sun Forum for 2017 and Under Softail... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues/1265182-new-sun-forum-for-2017-and-under-softail.html)

splattttttt 12-25-2018 06:36 AM

New Sun Forum for 2017 and Under Softail...

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
In case you haven’t noticed, the forum is too crowded
We pay subscription for a quality experience.
This is not too much to ask for.
Let the Milwakee8 keep the old forum. Or give it its own!
C’MON!!!!!

OldMike 12-25-2018 11:19 AM

The M8 Softail shares very little parts and info with the old Softail model. I am constantly hunting for M8 Softail info in between old Softail threads.
So, I also go to the M8 forum which is mostly M8 touring info where I have to search and hunt for M8 Softail info.

splattttttt 12-25-2018 12:16 PM

Agreed!
This is a seperate genre of build offered by the MoCo
HD forums has always provided an indexed list containing each in their own respective departments.

People who own any of the new M8 genre line up should not have to sift through a pile of mixed content relating ti the new softail M8? WTF!
That line of motorcycle has nothing in comparison with the tein cam
line of softies. Coming on this forum looking for info has become such a nightmare.
Even the search function is all effed up when you just ask to search for a softail

OldMike 12-25-2018 12:47 PM

The New Softail is the biggest news from Harley lately. In the M8 forum I learn about all the touring bike problems or outdated news in the Softail forum.
The new Softail only shares the same name with the old bike, if it was known by another name it would have it's own forum.
A "new" Softail forum with model sub forums would make a lot of people happy because there are Softail people and the Dyna and touring people who are buying Softails now. The move is HUGE!

Mchad 12-25-2018 01:46 PM

The mods are just going to yell at you. I’ve seen them say repeatedly “NO NEW FORUM FOR YOU” (in Soup Nazi voice)

I personally agree with you though. I’d like to see one.

Dalt10 12-25-2018 04:19 PM

I agree. There should be a separate forum. Not just the motor but the softail suspension is completely different. Most bolt on parts do not fit between the two.

speedyrob 12-25-2018 04:29 PM

Like Rushmore

When the touring bikes went to Rushmore, which was just upgrades not a total redesign they added the Rushmore sub-forum. That's what we need for 18+ softails.

splattttttt 12-25-2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dalt10 (Post 17914125)
I agree. There should be a separate forum. Not just the motor but the softail. suspension is completely different. Most bolt on parts do not fit between the two.

M8 Models=sexy

Dalt10 12-25-2018 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by speedyrob (Post 17914134)
When the touring bikes went to Rushmore, which was just upgrades not a total redesign they added the Rushmore sub-forum. That's what we need for 18+ softails.

Sounds like a good idea.

sloufoot 12-26-2018 03:27 AM

I'll put it up to the administration and see what they say . I won't promise anything, but I'll try.