Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Can you move "Off Topic" and "Political" somewhere else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,584 Likes on 9,806 Posts

:So, what the OP is saying is, he/she wants to "quick click" to where they wanna go, but all the rest of us "BS" board flamers would have to find our posts the "long way around?"

P.S. Smart - *** is what its all about. Wanna work on your bike? as always have a nice day

Last edited by Super Glidester; 02-01-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,750 Likes on 6,195 Posts

OP - You trailer that bike a lot, don't you?

The following users liked this post:
Greezey Rider (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 01:07 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
New threads are just that.

Go to your favorite area. Select it. Now on a smartphone, add it to home screen after renameing it HDF. Not sure how that works on Apple since I left it in the States.

​Once in a while, you will have to log in or select fullsite like I do but it should create the path.

On a PC, save it as a favorite or bookmark if Chrome. Sure the others have their buzz words.

I am kinda thinking if the new thread cause you pain, you might want to find another hobby besides a forum. (And this one is the best)
Pain? No, it's a simple question regarding wading through the crap to get to the posts I want to read. If you are at all familiar with how software works you will understand that some have the ability to tailor specific links to pull specific sections. I am sure that there is a way to change the "New Posts" link to include specific sections as it is that way on another forum. It would take someone who knows the code to be able to make this simple modification. I am judging by your response that this is way over your head though.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:07 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
OP - You trailer that bike a lot, don't you?
I don't own a trailer, why?

Old 02-01-2019, 01:09 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
:So, what the OP is saying is, he/she wants to "quick click" to where they wanna go, but all the rest of us "BS" board flamers would have to find our posts the "long way around?"

P.S. Smart - *** is what its all about. Wanna work on your bike? as always have a nice day
It would be nice if we could modify the settings for our own profile. This can be done, just not apparently here.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:09 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by fordhd2005
You asked a simple question and got a bunch of smart *** answers (except the one by the moderator).. I agree with you and wish there was a setting to adjust what you see in new posts. I click on new posts and out of the 500 threads, maybe 10 are interesting enough to read. And those 10 can be anywhere from touring to the classifieds (or forum issues). If I wanted to hear somebody's or give my opinion on politics or whatever was in the news, I'd converse with my co-workers or strangers... The bottom line is, the new posts is a convenient feature, just wish the bull **** could be cut out. It was a question worth asking.
Oh, I totally expected that.

Thanks.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Noisy Cricket
Road Warrior
Received 366 Likes on 271 Posts

I've been trying to get that change for a long time. I don't know why it won't be done. Seems the political trolls should go to a political site and stay off a Harley forum, but that argument has fallen on deaf ears around here.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:21 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I come here for info regarding bikes and more than 50% of the post I see when I hit "New Posts" are political or useless drivel. Can these sections be set where I don't see them in "New Posts"? Either something in my settings that lets me ignore sections or something in the forum settings would be appreciated.
I've been on here for little over 14 years and I've found a very simple solution to what I want to see or don't see. I just go to the main menu, scroll down it and only click on the sections that I'm interested in. Like wise, the sections that I don't care for, one of them being the political section, I just skip over it and go on to other sections that interest me. Nothing personal but I've taken care of my problem without having to rely on somebody else to do it for me but to each their own.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,584 Likes on 9,806 Posts

Don't get your blood pressure up over it. I also came here for tech info way back in 2014, now I just blow up the boards every once in a while. You should try it. Really the bikes are dependable where you shouldn't have to work on them much or if at all.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

It's not like this all the time. Lots of snow on the ground this time of the year and you can only polish the bike so much

Quick Reply: Can you move "Off Topic" and "Political" somewhere else?