Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Forum Issues (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/)
-   -   Signature Image & Garage (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues/443457-signature-image-and-garage.html)

tonygret 11-03-2009 07:48 PM

Signature Image & Garage

I am a bit embarrased since I am an IT person and can not figure out how to get an image in my signature. I go through the steps, made sure the file was small enough (24K), I can see the image has uploaded in the User CP, but it does not display in my posts.

Also, where does one ad items to the "Garage". I have searched the User CP and don't see a link anywhere but in the post.

Thanks!

Jim Gumbel 11-03-2009 07:53 PM

Go to User cp, edit signature, option 2, browse.

tonygret 11-03-2009 08:49 PM

Jim, I did that. I can see the image fine in CP it just wont appear in the posts.

tonygret 11-04-2009 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the image I am trying to post. It is only 24K and 500 x 188 pixels in size which meets all the requirments. It shows in user CP that is has uploaded and I can se the image. Still it will not show up in my posts.

Chrome Sweet Chrome 11-06-2009 07:46 AM

I have the exact same problem as tonygret. Uploaded pic in CP, pic shows as sig pic, but does not show up when I post. What am I doing wrong?

Terry TK 11-06-2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by tonygret (Post 5809404)
I am a bit embarrased since I am an IT person and can not figure out how to get an image in my signature. I go through the steps, made sure the file was small enough (24K), I can see the image has uploaded in the User CP, but it does not display in my posts.

Also, where does one ad items to the "Garage". I have searched the User CP and don't see a link anywhere but in the post.

Thanks!

OK,

I fixed it for you. You had never gone to your User CP and then clicked on Edit Options. There you can pick your time zone, number of threads and posts to view on a page and at the bottom you have to change from basic editor to enhanced. I took care of all of this for you and set up your sig. You should be good to go now.

Terry
HDF Admin

tonygret 11-07-2009 06:05 PM

Terry1955,

Thanks! Never would have figured it out. So what is the Garage thing all about and how does that work?

JOHD 11-08-2009 12:24 PM

I have the same problem. The picture doesn't show in the signature. I have tried several options; Doesn't work.

Thanks for helping.

Johd

SBRob 11-14-2009 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Terry1955 (Post 5822921)
OK,

I fixed it for you. You had never gone to your User CP and then clicked on Edit Options. There you can pick your time zone, number of threads and posts to view on a page and at the bottom you have to change from basic editor to enhanced. I took care of all of this for you and set up your sig. You should be good to go now.

Terry
HDF Admin

Hey Terry, if you see this please help...lol I made sure my ediit options are correct with enhanced option, but I downloaded a new sig pic and it won't show on my posts. I entered some new gallery pics and it worked fine...but still no sig pic.

bret2005 11-14-2009 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by SBRob (Post 5850012)
Hey Terry, if you see this please help...lol I made sure my ediit options are correct with enhanced option, but I downloaded a new sig pic and it won't show on my posts. I entered some new gallery pics and it worked fine...but still no sig pic.

Yep, me too. Sig has been working fine forever, but I made a change lately and the image won't show now. Is this coinciding with the other forum issues?

Thanks!