Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

ABS Recall Caused loss of ABS Function at Dealer

Old 06-24-2018, 04:47 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Just ran across this thread. I am very familiar about the abs failures and was one of the first to post about it a few years ago when my hcu locked up the front brake fluid circuit. Back then, no one believed it was an issue and I got a lot of push back.

My question is, what is your source that the 12-13 bikes hcu are made by Bosch?

Im still sitting on the Free Flush Recall. Im not convinced taking the bike to the dealer is a good idea. This recall should be a loss for MoCo and its turned out to be the opposite. I spoke with the Service Manager at HD Folsom Ca. and he confirmed that several bikes have failed during the recall flush and require hcu and or ecu replacement. And of course labor.

Kuma I don't have any (what I would call) hard evidence that Bosch is the 12-13 supplier. I've never taken one out and looked for manufacturing marks.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:31 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Just ran across this thread. I am very familiar about the abs failures and was one of the first to post about it a few years ago when my hcu locked up the front brake fluid circuit. Back then, no one believed it was an issue and I got a lot of push back.

My question is, what is your source that the 12-13 bikes hcu are made by Bosch?

Im still sitting on the Free Flush Recall. Im not convinced taking the bike to the dealer is a good idea. This recall should be a loss for MoCo and its turned out to be the opposite. I spoke with the Service Manager at HD Folsom Ca. and he confirmed that several bikes have failed during the recall flush and require hcu and or ecu replacement. And of course labor.

wtf? My 08 has ABS and I self-flushed last year. I'm still undecided on having the dealer do it for me even if its free. As its a safety recall I don't think I need to have it done this year anyway. Need to ask around about it.