Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

FuelMoto software help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 02:37 PM
hermsker
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FuelMoto software help!

Had a micro tuner for about a year, but I never messed with the software because it ran great out of the box. Bought some different pipes, requested a new map from FM and received it very fast via email. I also downloaded the software and firmware from their website. The software runs fine, I can get the new map on the software, but I cant get the MicroTuner to connect to the software. In the left corner of the software it says "No Device Connected". Ive tried multiple cords, USB ports, unplugged it all a few times. Tried it with the bike on, off, just the lights on. Also, I know its all connected because when I plug it in, the light on the tuner turns on, even with nothing on, on the bike. Any suggestions? I can call FM on Monday if need be but was hoping to make these pipes my weekends project. Thanks! 2015 Fatboy

Old 07-14-2018, 03:25 PM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

For devices like these the USB connection isn't enough - often you need to install a device driver for the operating system to understand that it's not a flash drive even though it's on the USB port - an example of this is TomTom GPS navs.

Was there a device driver to download on their website? (nope, checked - did you grab "Install Micro EFI Tuner Control Center v1.0.0.0"? That's the latest i can find)

Edit, I had a look, it appears that you should have a CD with your device, that has the driver on it (hopefully)

Edit #2 - Plug the usb lead in, then open device manager on your computer (presume windows, not Mac, can't help on Mac) - check if there's a yellow triangle with a ! inside it - that means recognised device but no drivers available.
If you have the CD, tell windows to go to the CD ("update driver", follow the prompts) OR try letting windows "search online" for it.

If you don;t have the CD (or it didn't come with one), search online is all you can do - if you can't find the drivers than it won't work, sorry. (However, someone else might have them and upload them for you, most of these USB driver things are just a "recognition" file to help windows understand what it is that's plugged in)

Last edited by OzHD; 07-14-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:48 PM
hermsker
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply! Unforutantely I cant find the CD anywhere, any suggestions on what to google ti fine one? im not real tech savy lol but appreciate all the help!

Old 07-14-2018, 03:52 PM
OzHD
Banned

I had a good google for the drivers but there's too much side-noise in the search results (Micro tuner is also the name of some audio software, I get lots of hits for that and very little for the your tuner)

About the only thing you can do (if the online driver search from device manager fails) is to see if someone here has the cd they can zip up and upload for you - you don;t need the whole CD, just the Drivers folder (or whatever name it has), usually just a few megabytes at most.

TinyUpload is a good host for small stuff.

That's about all I can do, sorry (I can't get all that far without serial numbers and invoice numbers, they check)

Good luck.

Last edited by OzHD; 07-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

It sounds like you may have installed the Dynojet Power Commander V software rather than the FM Micro tuner software. The appropriate software for the FM Micro Tuner can be downloaded from the following link https://www.fuelmotousa.com/files/lp...rol_center.zip

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-16-2018, 10:48 AM
OzHD
Banned

That's the one I managed to grab and test (can't use it at all, just a test run; was hoping the drivers might be in the installation)

Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM
D-Rail31
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question.

Originally Posted by hermsker
Had a micro tuner for about a year, but I never messed with the software because it ran great out of the box. Bought some different pipes, requested a new map from FM and received it very fast via email. I also downloaded the software and firmware from their website. The software runs fine, I can get the new map on the software, but I cant get the MicroTuner to connect to the software. In the left corner of the software it says "No Device Connected". Ive tried multiple cords, USB ports, unplugged it all a few times. Tried it with the bike on, off, just the lights on. Also, I know its all connected because when I plug it in, the light on the tuner turns on, even with nothing on, on the bike. Any suggestions? I can call FM on Monday if need be but was hoping to make these pipes my weekends project. Thanks! 2015 Fatboy

I have the same exact problem now. Did you ever find a fix or a software CD?