Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Power Vision + Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:26 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

We have been using beta versions of the AT Basic and Pro applications and all I will say is that they are awesome, we are just waiting for Dynojet to post the release versions so we can distribute. I promise I will post as soon as I have new info

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-24-2011, 09:41 PM
mattlal
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

That is good news for one of the concerns - and a major one.

I was starting to think I was alone with the "errors" and lack of functionality, but doing some reading, others are starting to get a bit more inquisitive as the summer approaches.

When I watched the videos on DJ's site - you can see they skip over the points where there are "errors" and "edit tune" features...I don't really consider "change idle rpm" a "tuning" feature that is MAJOR selling point.

-- FAQ from DJ
Do I need a computer?

No, a computer will not be needed to load one of the pre-configured calibrations, or a copy of the stock calibration into your motorcycle. You can even edit the tune directly on the device without touching a computer. The list of available parameters to edit directly on the Power Vision is limited, but it’s extremely handy for in-field calibration changes.

-- LIMITED? that's a joke right? It should read non-existent

What do I gain?

The Power Vision will deliver a calibration (tune) to your Harley’s ECM that contains the proper data for optimized performance and peak efficiency throughout the operation range. You can mount the Power Vision on your bike and display the J1850 data (stuff like knock, engine temp, spark advance, inlet air temp, etc) on one of many gauge screens, and each gauge has a user configurable alarm to warm you in the event that a parameter is nearing a potentially unsafe value. If you have a Dynojet Wide Band 2 or Auto Tune system, you can simply plug it in and add insightful wide band AFR data to the channel list. Power Vision also allows you to log the data in the event you’d like to analyze this vital information after your ride is complete. You also have the ability to check and clear ECM DTC’s (diagnostic trouble codes), and reset adaptive learning.

-- Still waiting.

Jamie, let me start by saying that you and the Fuel Moto team have been great and I am a big supporter, but I am a tad disappointed on DynoJet's delivery here. I feel that the marketing on the product is misinformative and deceptive. I understand that they wanted to get this to the market soon, but should have come with some consumer awareness.

What type of features should we expect to see in the near future? Obviously I have a few:

- Are we ever going to view datalog on the PV?
- Are we ever going to edit tables on the PV?
- Are we going to be able to read O2 values (narrow and wide)?

[quick edit: The PV is great at tuning. It does its job well and has some bonus features, but $200+ over the cost of a FuelMoto PCV or other tuners....I am still trying to find those value added features]

Last edited by mattlal; 05-24-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
greglal
Cruiser

Seems like there are few folks interested in trying to figure out why the "features" advertised are actually "vaporware". Glad I reconsidered plunking down my $500!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 PM
greglal
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mattlal
The PV is great at tuning. It does its job well and has some bonus features, but $200+ over the cost of a FuelMoto PCV or other tuners....I am still trying to find those value added features
A nifty display? ;-)

Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
mattlal
Advanced

Originally Posted by greglal
Seems like there are few folks interested in trying to figure out why the "features" advertised are actually "vaporware". Glad I reconsidered plunking down my $500!
- I would recommend buying a FM PCV with the anticipation of selling it when the PowerVision becomes baked (maybe FuelMoto may provide a "buyback" program where they will credit some of the purchase towards other FM+DJ products)

Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattlal
That is good news for one of the concerns - and a major one.

I was starting to think I was alone with the "errors" and lack of functionality, but doing some reading, others are starting to get a bit more inquisitive as the summer approaches.

When I watched the videos on DJ's site - you can see they skip over the points where there are "errors" and "edit tune" features...I don't really consider "change idle rpm" a "tuning" feature that is MAJOR selling point.

-- FAQ from DJ
Do I need a computer?

No, a computer will not be needed to load one of the pre-configured calibrations, or a copy of the stock calibration into your motorcycle. You can even edit the tune directly on the device without touching a computer. The list of available parameters to edit directly on the Power Vision is limited, but it’s extremely handy for in-field calibration changes.

-- LIMITED? that's a joke right? It should read non-existent

What do I gain?

The Power Vision will deliver a calibration (tune) to your Harley’s ECM that contains the proper data for optimized performance and peak efficiency throughout the operation range. You can mount the Power Vision on your bike and display the J1850 data (stuff like knock, engine temp, spark advance, inlet air temp, etc) on one of many gauge screens, and each gauge has a user configurable alarm to warm you in the event that a parameter is nearing a potentially unsafe value. If you have a Dynojet Wide Band 2 or Auto Tune system, you can simply plug it in and add insightful wide band AFR data to the channel list. Power Vision also allows you to log the data in the event you’d like to analyze this vital information after your ride is complete. You also have the ability to check and clear ECM DTC’s (diagnostic trouble codes), and reset adaptive learning.

-- Still waiting.

Jamie, let me start by saying that you and the Fuel Moto team have been great and I am a big supporter, but I am a tad disappointed on DynoJet's delivery here. I feel that the marketing on the product is misinformative and deceptive. I understand that they wanted to get this to the market soon, but should have come with some consumer awareness.

What type of features should we expect to see in the near future? Obviously I have a few:

- Are we ever going to view datalog on the PV?
- Are we ever going to edit tables on the PV?
- Are we going to be able to read O2 values (narrow and wide)?

[quick edit: The PV is great at tuning. It does its job well and has some bonus features, but $200+ over the cost of a FuelMoto PCV or other tuners....I am still trying to find those value added features]

Not exactly sure how to interpret some of these questions and the "errors" you are referring to. It appears your main concern is that you cannot make adjustments to your tune or playback logs on the display. Dynojet simply chose to first start adding features and updates to the software as it is far more critical for tuning than on the display. Viewing logs on the display will come, however there are other more powerful tuning utilities coming first. As far as O2 values you have been able to display and log O2 data all along. Power Vision is a new product and new features and functions are being release weekly and we are extremely pleased with the product overall.

To answer what do you gain over PC-V? With Power Vision you gain access to 25+ tuning tables and the ability to flash the ECM directly. You can use the PV display to display/log data, you can retrieve/clear codes, clear adaptive trims, store and change maps, and you can also develop your tune with the WinPv software as well the new Power Vision Log Tuner application which allows you to use the factory O2 sensors or the Auto Tune module with dual wideband sensors. Power Vision is also the only tuning platform on the market that allows you to retrieve the calibration from your ECM and read/edit it

Last edited by fuelmoto; 05-25-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Power Vision Log Tuner is now available!

The Power Vision Log Tuner application allows users to fine tune their calibration with or without a dyno. It utilizes the Power Vision unit as a powerful data logging device along with an easy to use software application to create your tune. The PV Log Tuner software uses your logs and PV value files to create corrected VE and Spark tables based on O2 sensor and knock retard events. The Power Vision log tuner software is free and incorporates two powerful tuning platforms:

Power Vision Log Tuner Basic - uses the factory O2 sensors

Power Vision Log Tuner Pro - uses the Dynojet Dual channel Auto Tune module with Bosch Wideband sensors

We will be putting together a video tutorial as well as some additional tips and pointers for using this excellent tuning tool next week. We have been using the Basic and Pro applications extensively and can assist users with any questions that come up along the way.

You can download the Power Vision Log tuner software and user guide from our website at www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

More to come...

Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
mattlal
Advanced

I can't wait to try it: I will have a review later tonight!

Perhaps I am simply data logging incorrectly - what O2 values should I be logging? Even better, what would you recommend for standard data-logging practice?

In the early firmware versions I was able to log O2 values, but as of recently I receive no data. Perhaps the key values changed and did not internally update? I do have a pre-release unit ordered back in December.

As far as the "error" goes - when I select view log on the PV unit: I receive an error stating that it is unable to open. I thought it may have been due to the size, but i did some 1-hr datalogs (~20mb) and some quick 200k datalogs.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 AM
MuddBugg
Cruiser

am trying to follow along here, will be needing a tuner soon, was lookin at pc5, but am liking the sound of this pv tuner... some of it is confusing... i get that you keep the original ECM from the harley factory... that the PV will be forever married to that ECM... what im reading now is that the PV will be able to use the factory O2 sensors? for an auto tuning feature?... without having to buy a seperate auto tuner thing?... does this mean that the PV will operate in closed loop and open loop?... not that i know anything about tuners, am hoping i got the terminolgy correct... if i m not mistaken, the O2 sensors were disabled when using the PC5, and thus only operated in closed loop?... but you keep them and use them with the PV?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 AM
mattlal
Advanced

MuddBugg,

Jamie is probably better to answer this, but from what it appears - the new DataLog software will be able to intake the logged values from the PV and adjust them appropriately to a new map/tune to upload to better suit your cycle.

Essentially an "active" autotune, meaning it requires you to make the changes to the tune.

You do not have to the PV connected only during datalog and one-time remap.

From what I understand, DJ is releasing a passive autotune (basic/advanced) for the PV. Still waiting on details to learn how that work with the PV - I would suspect that you have to connect it to the PV at some point - but unsure if it will require to be connected at all times to provide "passive" tunes.

Quick Reply: Power Vision + Autotune