Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Very frustrated w/Power Commander-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:18 AM
RD Parrish
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very frustrated w/Power Commander-5

This is my experience.......I purchased a PCV installed CFR slip-ons,Arllen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter,Jackpot 2-1-2 Header. Big ran like crap after three downloads, problem got worst. I was told by Fuel Moto that they no longer supported CFR slip-ons, that this was my problem with the preformance of bike? So after daliberation w/Fuel Moto I purchased a set of Jackpot Pro Touring Mufflers. Well bike still ran like crap. Fuel Moto insisted I need a firmware update so we did. Bike ran a tad better,but still had issues.So after months of frustration I decided to purchase a Screamin Eagle SP race tunner,and have my bike on a dyno. I put the CFR slip-ons back on expecting the worst.......prepared to install Jackpot Pro Touring Mufflers next. Well...........Jessie at Busted Nuckle here in Walnut Cove NC.........was very impressed w/set up. He was able to tune these CFR's it gained 98ft lbs tourqe over stock 78 ft.lbs after dyno.I have the paper work to prove it. The bike runs absoutly perfect no decel popping...which I could never get out w/PCV. I was told by Fuel Moto that these CFR's could not be tunned. Well to go on record they can, and I cant be any happier. So now I feel I was mislead into buying a set of Jackpot Pro Mufflers. $800.00 incl.PCV. I feel that Fuel Moto should accept JackPot mufflers back and refund the cost $500.00. This is my experience w/PCV.............

Old 10-15-2011, 05:33 AM
RD Parrish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RD Parrish
This is my experience.......I purchased a PCV installed CFR slip-ons,Arllen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter,Jackpot 2-1-2 Header. Big ran like crap after three downloads, problem got worst. I was told by Fuel Moto that they no longer supported CFR slip-ons, that this was my problem with the preformance of bike? So after daliberation w/Fuel Moto I purchased a set of Jackpot Pro Touring Mufflers. Well bike still ran like crap. Fuel Moto insisted I need a firmware update so we did. Bike ran a tad better,but still had issues.So after months of frustration I decided to purchase a Screamin Eagle SP race tunner,and have my bike on a dyno. I put the CFR slip-ons back on expecting the worst.......prepared to install Jackpot Pro Touring Mufflers next. Well...........Jessie at Busted Nuckle here in Walnut Cove NC.........was very impressed w/set up. He was able to tune these CFR's it gained 98ft lbs tourqe over stock 78 ft.lbs after dyno.I have the paper work to prove it. The bike runs absoutly perfect no decel popping...which I could never get out w/PCV. I was told by Fuel Moto that these CFR's could not be tunned. Well to go on record they can, and I cant be any happier. So now I feel I was mislead into buying a set of Jackpot Pro Mufflers. $800.00 incl.PCV. I feel that Fuel Moto should accept JackPot mufflers back and refund the cost $500.00. This is my experience w/PCV.............
I must say that Jessie and myself are more than pleased w/Jackpot 2-1-2 header. He thinks this was the result of able to tune these CFR's slip-ons. The mufflers created enough turbulence along w/header for the tune. My hat is off to Fuel Moto for their design. Jessie will probaly send some new customers youre way Fuel Moto. Keith I enjoyed working with you, super guy!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Lets maybe start with giving us a call, as far as the PC-V it all comes down to which component your tuner felt comfortable using. If it was a tuning issue it could have just as easily been tuned with the PC-V. There is a whole other side to the muffler/baffle issue with your setup that is best discussed off the forum

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 10-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:55 PM
RD Parrish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Lets maybe start with giving us a call, as far as the PC-V it all comes down to which component your tuner felt comfortable using. If it was a tuning issue it could have just as easily been tuned with the PC-V. There is a whole other side to the muffler/baffle issue with your setup that is best discussed off the forum
Sure will...................I was told by you guys that you were not able to tune the CFR's with the PCV,and that you no longer supported these mufflers,thats when I decided I had no choice but to purchase Jackpot Pro mufflers. Will reply to the post latter after discusion w/Fuel Moto.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM
RD Parrish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RD Parrish
Sure will...................I was told by you guys that you were not able to tune the CFR's with the PCV,and that you no longer supported these mufflers,thats when I decided I had no choice but to purchase Jackpot Pro mufflers. Will reply to the post latter after discusion w/Fuel Moto.
Thanks alot Jamie for allowing the return. Great service, and as always, you guys have been great.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:25 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Happy Ending to the thread.. FuelMoto Rocks .. Will just add never had a problem with my PCV,,,

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 PM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear Fuel Moto continued their excellent service.....I have been running their PCIII and air breather for 3 years now, and have been 100% satisfied with the product, Reliability, and performance....I have recomended Fuel Moto to numerous friends of mine....Great folks !