Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Jackpot exhaust discoloring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Jackpot exhaust discoloring?

I recently purchased a set of Jackpot exhausts with a Power Vision from Fuelmoto. I have the original headers still, got a map from Jamie at FuelMoto and everything has been good for several thousand miles. I just noticed however that the right hand pipe (When viewing from the rear of the bike) is starting to discolor past the heat shield. I'd say its turning a brownish color about 1 inch past where the heatshield stops.

Is this normal? Doesn't look horrible but is noticeable when the bike is parked since that is the pipe that is leaning upward when parked. Other side doesn't have any noticeable discoloring.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
polyicarus
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same thing. Installed two months and 2k miles ago. Started discoloring about 2 weeks ago. I got headers from fuelmoto as well.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Dsarge
5th Gear
Default Ditto

Bought their stage 1 thinking this would not occur. They designed it, tweaked it, mapped it. I was tired of looking at my old ones which were a deep shade of gold. Pissed off when it did. Called them and asked why it occurred. They said sometimes the pipes just get hot. No s@@t. Said it wasn't covered under warranty either despite the pictures I sent them. They sent me through the roof when when the guy I was talking to said I should try polishing it off. Perhaps I got them on a bad day. Maybe. I dunno. But I ain't happy.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:36 PM
polyicarus
2nd Gear

I thought the same thing, shouldn't discolor since they designed it all, so was a little peeved when i got the same response (hot so they may do this). Would have thought they would have a different tune to lessen this.

Had i known this was a real possibility with their tune, i would have gotten the slash ups mufflers so i could seat them a little deeper and have the yellowing area covered by the heat shield.

Overall still happy, just bummed. Will try to find something to cover or hide it since it is really annoying.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,345 Likes on 3,279 Posts

My 4" jackpots are dis coloring, I haven't called them yet about it...

Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Dsarge
5th Gear

Poly, take a look at the CVO heat shields from the baggers. A set cost $135, less if you find a used set here or on Ebay. Had a pair covering my Thunder headers (the ones that had turned prior to the FM set) and they worked well. Didn't cover the entire muffler but they did cover the gold/blue area well.
GrownUp, let me know what they say. I've bought a set of the CFR knockoffs to replace yhe 4" dynos bought from FM and they turned worse. About to throw in the towel with the headers and find a set of duels from another company. Really not happy with these people.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:13 AM
polyicarus
2nd Gear

Thanks dsarge, ill take a look

Old 07-08-2016, 07:07 AM
jblass
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My right side Jackpot 4" Dyno Tuned muffler is also discolored where it joins the headpipe for about 2". Left side there is no issue. I have the FM stainless 2-1-2 head pipe, pro billet ac, and a PCV with a map for the set up from FM. I really like the set up just wish the stock heat shield was about 2" longer to cover the discolor on the right side.

The following users liked this post:
Stud Duck (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Stud Duck
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 103 Posts

Jblass,
Is your FM stainless 2-1-2 ceramic coated?
Just trying to figure out what i'am going to go with.
Thanks

Old 10-13-2016, 04:05 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Stud Duck
Jblass,
Is your FM stainless 2-1-2 ceramic coated?
Just trying to figure out what i'am going to go with.
Thanks
We offer an optional ceramic coating on our Jackpot 2/1/2 stainless head pipe or our Jackpot SPC is a steel pipe with ceramic coating.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: Jackpot exhaust discoloring?