Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Your Thoughts on this Shirt??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1000114-your-thoughts-on-this-shirt.html)

RHPAW 09-18-2014 07:32 PM

Just think...Someone in the U.S. had to design that shirt, so they could copy it.

edilgdaor 09-18-2014 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by From_Behind (Post 13230983)
Nope, you answered them. It's selective hate. Got it. ;)

HATE ?

Is that what it is ? Is that what it ALWAYS is ?

Where's the shaking head smiley ?

From_Behind 09-18-2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by edilgdaor (Post 13231030)

HATE ?

Is that what it is ? Is that what it ALWAYS is ?

Where's the shaking head smiley ?

What do you call it?

Skidmark63 09-18-2014 07:47 PM

I have 2 shirts I got from a PX in Iraq....one was designed like a Harley shirt but listed all the cities we had been. The other was a Baghdad Bikers Club. LOL. I have not idea why there was no HD dealers in Iraq in 2004-2005....:icon_steer:

edilgdaor 09-18-2014 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by From_Behind (Post 13231045)
What do you call it?

Not hate, that's for sure. My first thought would be "principle", but I suppose that wouldn't fly.

For instance, if I'm not happywith a business, I don't go back there. I don't give them a chance to make me unhappy again. I don't hate them.

I can't eventhink of a person that iknow and hate. Let alone a country full of people I don't know.

But there are countries I don't trust, especially when they are full pf people who are not shy about the fact that they hate us.

But "hate" ? Life's too short to hate anybody. But then, nobody's harmed my family. I don't know what I'd do then. That might be different. I can't see myself being very forgiving for awhile. If you want to call that hate, go ahead.

schlacker 09-18-2014 08:31 PM

Why be upset or even care about something you have no control over & doesn't directly affect you or your family?

From_Behind 09-18-2014 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by edilgdaor (Post 13231217)
Not hate, that's for sure. My first thought would be "principle", but I suppose that wouldn't fly.

For instance, if I'm not happywith a business, I don't go back there. I don't give them a chance to make me unhappy again. I don't hate them.

I can't eventhink of a person that iknow and hate. Let alone a country full of people I don't know.

But there are countries I don't trust, especially when they are full pf people who are not shy about the fact that they hate us.

But "hate" ? Life's too short to hate anybody. But then, nobody's harmed my family. I don't know what I'd do then. That might be different. I can't see myself being very forgiving for awhile. If you want to call that hate, go ahead.

Alright, I can respect that, without a doubt.

Neggy ZRXOA 5248 09-18-2014 09:29 PM

hmmmm the MoCo is making bikes in Brazil and India...

The wheel division was moved from Australia to CHINA a couple of years back...

most of the chrome plated parts are made there, look at the "multi fit" wall at the stealership and read the country of origin for those parts....

Would I wear it, probably not.

But with China (and India) becoming emerging middle class economies look for HD to try to make inroads there, just like Buick and GM did.

PS I will not knowingly buy anything made in Vietnam

TKDKurt 09-18-2014 09:37 PM

Those of you that are offended by this shirt seem to base it on the assumption that the eagle depicted is America's symbol--the bald eagle--which is not native to China. But it looks to me that they were careful to NOT make it a bald eagle. The head of the bird on the t-shirt is not white, it is light brown. That would make it a golden eagle which ARE native to China. We don't have a monopoly on using any kind of eagles as a national symbol. That started with the Roman Empire. Even Russia has a double headed eagle on it's coat of arms. Here is what a golden eagle looks like by the way. (Alot like the bird on the shirt which is in a pose very similar to the Harley screamin' eagle logo.) If I am correct and it is a golden eagle, are you still offended by the shirt?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...d0a7e07133.jpg

edilgdaor 09-18-2014 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by From_Behind (Post 13231359)
Alright, I can respect that, without a doubt.

Good to know. Thanks. I'd hate to hate you.

Originally Posted by TKDKurt (Post 13231473)

Magnificent bird.

I keep hoping that this thread is about SKIRTS, but it doesn't change.