Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Fox Creek Experience (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1002633-fox-creek-experience.html)

rkc915 09-30-2014 08:36 AM

Fox Creek Experience

Just wanted to relay my experience with Fox Creek. I was in the market for a new leather jacket and after reading comments on this site, as well as other reviews, I checked out Fox Creek. I liked the "Drifter" model and also wanted the armor set. Using the sizing chart I ordered a 42" and it arrived in 4 days. When I took it out of the box I could tell it was a very high quality jacket. When I put it on though, the fit was skin tight. I called them and re-ordered a 46". The lady I talked to was very nice and told me to remove the armor from the jacket and I could put it in the new one. After removing the armor, the 42" jacket fit like a custom made jacket. It was perfect. However, since I wanted the armor I went through with the exchange. When the size 46" arrived, I put the armor in and tried it on. It was just the right size. I am very happy with both the jacket and the service and now, like so many others, highly recommend Fox Creek.

Just for reference I am 5'10" with 42" chest, 40" belly and weigh 177 pounds. If I choose to take the armor out of the jacket, it still fits good enough to wear without any problems or looking too big. Hope this helps someone who is trying to make a purchasing decision.

Pete6114 09-30-2014 09:36 AM

Cant argue with that! American made quality product with great service.

JMC22 09-30-2014 10:24 AM

Great products & customer service - I have a vest and chaps from them - the snaps on the chaps were not put on correctly and broke off, they emailed me a return label and I had them back in just about a week after sending them to them for repairs

brenn 09-30-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by rkc915 (Post 13270661)
Just for reference I am 5'10" with 42" chest

By that, do you mean you normally wear a jacket with a 42" chest? The problem is, modern U.S. sizes are actually made 4 or more inches bigger than the chest measurement, but some motorcycle jacket companies and custom makers use actual sizes. o a person who wears a modern size 42 jacket actually has a 46" chest.

Tailsfrommycrib 09-30-2014 11:46 AM

Fox creek Rocks dude. I have a Grayson with force field armor that I bought three years ago and it still looks new. Best quality leather I've ever experienced on a jacket.

Bobaloo22 09-30-2014 12:21 PM

I've only heard positive things about them. The wife is going to buy me a jacket for Christmas and this is where I'm going. I want one for riding and for wearing other times, just a cool looking all around jacket. Can't wait.

Bob

SoCalSoftailSlim 09-30-2014 12:39 PM

Glad you found a jacket that works for you. Enjoy it for many years!

m6zero 09-30-2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by rkc915 (Post 13270661)
Just wanted to relay my experience with Fox Creek. I was in the market for a new leather jacket and after reading comments on this site, as well as other reviews, I checked out Fox Creek. I liked the "Drifter" model and also wanted the armor set. Using the sizing chart I ordered a 42" and it arrived in 4 days. When I took it out of the box I could tell it was a very high quality jacket. When I put it on though, the fit was skin tight. I called them and re-ordered a 46". The lady I talked to was very nice and told me to remove the armor from the jacket and I could put it in the new one. After removing the armor, the 42" jacket fit like a custom made jacket. It was perfect. However, since I wanted the armor I went through with the exchange. When the size 46" arrived, I put the armor in and tried it on. It was just the right size. I am very happy with both the jacket and the service and now, like so many others, highly recommend Fox Creek.

Just for reference I am 5'10" with 42" chest, 40" belly and weigh 177 pounds. If I choose to take the armor out of the jacket, it still fits good enough to wear without any problems or looking too big. Hope this helps someone who is trying to make a purchasing decision.

Glad to hear that. I have a Legendary USA vest right now, but was checking out the Fox Creek products. The vest I have now is very high quality and fits great (the chest is a little big, but that's the way I prefer it. I went with the 44" and am 6'0" 210 lbs. It gives me the option to wear my vest over sweaters and whatnot). My only complaint is my current vest feels a little short. Fox Creek seems to offer a "long" option that I believe they said was about 2" longer than the standard size. Next time I get another vest, I'm pretty sure I'm going with them. Glad your experience was good. That further solidifies my decision.

nytryder 09-30-2014 02:06 PM

Fox Creek is the best.

14cvoultra 09-30-2014 03:11 PM

The BEST Great products & customer service