General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louisiana Police Competition

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Andouille
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana Police Competition

Sorry I'm a little late, but one of my old riding partners sent me a message yesterday that the Police Competition was being held at Lamar Dixon yesterday and today. So if anyone in the Baton Rouge or New Orleans area is interested in watching you can still make it today. Lamar Dixon is right past the Cabela's off of hwy 30 in Gonzales.

Again sorry for the late post.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:46 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

I worked as a judge during the competition Friday/Saturday. After watching about 140 motorcops run thru the course I was convinced that the worst of those guys are way better than 95%(+) of civilian riders!

Old 10-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Andouille
Cruiser

Agree, after completing the motor certification course, I think most would fit into that category. From personal experience you will become even better when you have a department bike to practice with. Since I left the department, I do not do nearly as much practice or push my personal bike to the limit I pushed the departments. Right or wrong, they do have an advantage because of this, I know I did. Don't get me wrong I still support them entirely.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:45 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

There were 140 competitors? That's a HUGE event!

Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
I worked as a judge during the competition Friday/Saturday. After watching about 140 motorcops run thru the course I was convinced that the worst of those guys are way better than 95%(+) of civilian riders!

Totally agree, including myself in that 95%.

Amazing watching the videos of these guys running those courses! Do they ever hold these things close to or in KY? I don't think a lot of the PD have motorcycle officers in this state.

LiiT

Old 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Vincewd
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I missed it. Wanted to make it this year, didn't have the time.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Andouille
Cruiser

Stro, yes it seems to be getting bigger each year. We so draw from other states i.e., Fla, Tx, N.C., Ky. and sometimes others. Maybe you need to talk to your brass about attending one year. I think you would enjoy. Before the new sheriff, we participated in Miss. and Tx. but we only had 3 motor officers so we did not make a very big show.

As stated above I've seen a department from Ky. represented in years pass, sorry I don't remember the county/city. I'm sure they do have at least one in Ky., but sometimes (like ours) you need to find out on your own or know someone who competes. I don't know why they do not advertise, but we see little or no ads. The only way I knew was my old riding partner (he now works for a different department, new sheriff did away with Motor division) sent me a message, I think he likes my supporting him (he has no family here and he's my son's age so I guess I'm his adopted father).