General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? For Gerbing owners that use Firstgear(W&S) remote heat troller

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Deathtrap
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? For Gerbing owners that use Firstgear(W&S) remote heat troller

I just picked up some Gerbings gloves along with W&S the dual remote controller. Although not cold enough to use them yet, I can see that the Y cable is going to be a PITA.
To make things a little simpler, I am looking for a liner. I would rather get the Gerbings but the W&S jacket liner has a dedicated pocket for the reciever. My question is, where do you stash the reciever on the gerbings as they dont seem to have a pocket for it.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I have Gerbing Union Ridge pants, with velcro on the flaps on the thigh pockets. I put a piece of velcro on the back of the Gerbing controller, tuck in the flap on my pants pocket on the left side, and stick the controller on my left thigh. Works great. I would think it would work with your controller as well.

I ran the Gerbing battery lead to pop out in the front of the seat, at the base of the gas tank. I can easily disconnect the lead before dismounting at a gas station, leaving the controller velcroed to my pants.

Last edited by MNPGRider; 10-12-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use this set up from Capt. Itch. This way I have access to the controller rheostats while underway:

Old 10-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Deathtrap
Advanced

Thanks,but I have a remote transmitter that would plug into liner. Not sure if there is a pocket near the connections.my goal was to minimize wires. Guess I got the names mixed up. Receiver with buttons I can put anywhere.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:47 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Deathtrap
Thanks,but I have a remote transmitter that would plug into liner. Not sure if there is a pocket near the connections.my goal was to minimize wires. Guess I got the names mixed up. Receiver with buttons I can put anywhere.
Well, that's something new I've not heard of. Please keep us posted. Got a link? Thanks.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:37 PM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the same setup as Shep68.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:57 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Shep68
I use this set up from Capt. Itch. This way I have access to the controller rheostats while underway:

^^^^^^

Old 10-12-2014, 05:12 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I put mine on my chaps, that way I have access to the heat adjustments when riding. I adjust them up and down more often than I thought I would.

On your comment on the cable, I rode once and then bought the liner. That really reduces the hassel with all the cables.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:09 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by luc.who
I put mine on my chaps, that way I have access to the heat adjustments when riding. I adjust them up and down more often than I thought I would.

On your comment on the cable, I rode once and then bought the liner. That really reduces the hassel with all the cables.
I have the FXRG jacket and use the jacket's liner during the winter. I take the Gerbings "Y" cable and fish it under the liner and it stays put throughout the season.

The FXRG jacket has tabs that the liner attaches to and I use these to keep the "Y" harness in place. They even have them down the sleeves. The tail of the harness hangs out the bottom of the jacket and the glove connectors hang out of the sleeves.

The initial setup takes me 15 minutes or so and i'm set until spring. Easy peasy.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Deathtrap
Advanced

Fxrg here also. Just got back from a little spin. Y cables seem to be OK although could be easier. Did fish through the loops for the liner. Guess it will be OK. Fxrg really warm especially with the liner. Might just hold off on heated one for now.

Quick Reply: ? For Gerbing owners that use Firstgear(W&S) remote heat troller