Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   A thank you from HD. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1011777-a-thank-you-from-hd.html)

lh4x4 11-19-2014 05:58 PM

A thank you from HD.

I went on a short 48 mile ride yesterday on the Freewheeler to test the thicker heated gloves that I had just installed the connection for. It was 18 degrees and light dusting of snow flurries with high winds.

The dealer was at a middle point in the route so I stopped in for a hot chocolate. A HD rep was there and he introduced himself to me. He said he had sent a picture of me riding in to his boss and crew at HD. He then thanked me for having represented the HD out in cold weather to show others that it can be done and his riding crew at HD that he said "gripped" when it was a little cold out on their rides. He also asked for my thoughts on the Freewheeler.

His boss called him back and told him to thank me also for my HD support.

Shoot! I was hoping for more like a free bike maybe. After all I have only bought 14 HD's from 2007 to date including CVO's. I'm sure they could throw in at least a Street 500.:icon_banana:

HDmikie 11-19-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by lh4x4 (Post 13432418)
I went on a short 48 mile ride yesterday on the Freewheeler to test the thicker heated gloves that I had just installed the connection for. It was 18 degrees and light dusting of snow flurries with high winds.

The dealer was at a middle point in the route so I stopped in for a hot chocolate. A HD rep was there and he introduced himself to me. He said he had sent a picture of me riding in to his boss and crew at HD. He then thanked me for having represented the HD out in cold weather to show others that it can be done and his riding crew at HD that he said "gripped" when it was a little cold out on their rides. He also asked for my thoughts on the Freewheeler.

His boss called him back and told him to thank me also for my HD support.

Shoot! I was hoping for more like a free bike maybe. After all I have only bought 14 HD's from 2007 to date including CVO's. I'm sure they could throw in at least a Street 500.:icon_banana:

Hmmm, ever heard of snowmobiles.....or maybe a quad? I like motorcycles as much as the next guy, but there are alternatives to bikes in the winter time. JMO

skidder 11-19-2014 06:08 PM

Damn straight or at least being featured in a brochure next year.

ynots 11-19-2014 06:17 PM

17 HD's in 7 years... You should change your profile name to OCD lol

lh4x4 11-19-2014 06:26 PM

ynots - It's called a collection and 12 are still in the garage. One or more of each family including CVO's and a trike.

If I was obsessive compulsive I would have all of the bikes that I like such as Triumph, BMW, KTM, Ducati, MotoGuzzi and many more. But I just limit myself to HD. I have resisted getting a Street 750 though. See! I can exercise restraint.:icon_banana:

HDmikie - Tried snowmobiles and didn't like them. Same with quads. No reason not to ride bikes in the winter. During most rides that I have done in the past years I have always come across a few other riders. Many on BMW adventure touring and other HD riders.

NoCoLoco 11-19-2014 06:43 PM

You didn't get an HD stamp card? Buy 10 bikes and the next one is free! I only got 8 more to go!

ChickinOnaChain 11-19-2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by lh4x4 (Post 13432418)
After all I have only bought 14 HD's from 2007 to date including CVO's.

14 bikes in 7 years??? What tha...

hoethree 11-19-2014 07:18 PM

I bet I have more tshirts.:icon_tongue:

baka1969 11-19-2014 10:26 PM

I'd like to see the garage that holds 12 bikes. lol

scasey 11-19-2014 10:46 PM

Suspect this may get interesting