General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gold key anniversary edition

Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Larryc5079
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gold key anniversary edition

I am looking at a used 2003 lowrider gold key anniversary edition. The owner says this includes a different carb, exhaust, wide-glide fender. Can anyone tell me what this all includes? If it did include a new carb and exhaust, did it also include a high flow intake and rejetting of the carb? How much more was the gold key anniversary edition over the regular 2003 lowrider.

Going to see and ride (weather permitting) it Thursday.

Thanks!!!

Larry

Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: gold key anniversary edition

I was offered the gold key package for my deuce. It included a windshield, a fancy seat, an alarm system, and a gold key of course. No performance upgrades. I sort of doubt what the owner is telling you about the performance upgrades. Maybe it varied from dealer to dealer. Anyway, the gold key deal is just another useless invention by HD to rip you off. I don't remember how much extra it was. I didn't think it was worth it.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

the gold key was part of a package of 100 anniversary add ons that were model specific. There was a seat, derby cover , etc. they were priced at about a thousand dollars as I recall

Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Key,,,,I only owned one bike that had a key,,,Don't know nutten about the Gold key,,,sry

Old 04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carbs and exhausts were not part of the HD Gold Key packages. The dealer or owner may have done a Stage I, but it did not ship with it.

The Gold Key for the Heritage Classic was mostly useless bling. Including a air cleaner cover. But no carb. I mean how many frickin' places do you need to put "100th Anniversary" on a bike? It was $1100 for the Heritage. Yes, I got it and all the pieces are sitting in a box. I figure they will be worth something in about 50 years.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM
alazlo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Larryc5079

I am looking at a used 2003 lowrider gold key anniversary edition. The owner says this includes a different carb, exhaust, wide-glide fender. Can anyone tell me what this all includes? If it did include a new carb and exhaust, did it also include a high flow intake and rejetting of the carb? How much more was the gold key anniversary edition over the regular 2003 lowrider.
No performance upgrades.....
That gold key package might add to the value in another forty years but there are thousands of them out there right now. Dealers still have them in stock because they couldn't unload all of them that Harley unloaded on them.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

No engine mods as was said above.............I for one got the GoldKey package and it was worth it.

Bags, Windsheild, grips, derby cover, cam covers, sissy bar, backrestand other goodies totaled more individually than the package alone cost. Do I still use it all.....oh hell no. I added different/better goodies.

No bigger carbs though or Stage 1 stuff for a fact.