General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fat Bob Suspension Upgrade

Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Outlawz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Fat Bob Suspension Upgrade

First off Thanks you HD Forums for getting me more information than I can ever hope to absorb in one lifetime!!

After many hours of research here I have pulled the trigger on a new suspension configuration that I hope will be more than worth all of the pennies that it cost!!

I have an 2013 Fat Bob, decent suspension I suppose, but it starts wobbling a bit at 100mph & isn't as tight in the corners as I would like. Besides all that aesthetically those rear shocks just had to go. So... After much research on this forum I decided to go with Ricor Sport Tuned Rears, intiminators, Race tech Springs & RSD Adjusters in the front.
Shocks wont be here for 3-4 weeks so I figured I would start this thread now & update it as parts start trickling in & provide yet again another suspension thread on the forum

Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Outlawz
Advanced
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

Ok got my first packages in the mail today!! RSD adjusters contrast cut so they match the Ricor rears. Also in my short time hunting these seemed to give the most adjustment with a bit over an inch. Also got the race tech 1.0kg/mm single rate springs they sent a bunch of stickers as well!!

Attached Thumbnails My Fat Bob Suspension Upgrade-image.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

Sorry can't figure out how to get the pic to add on without being a thumbnail on my I-pad... Here's the adjusters though.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

True-Track stabilizer came in today so I can have a little project to do this weekend while the shocks are getting built!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:18 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

It's a fun and beneficial upgrade - I went with a set of JRI rear shocks and Custom Cycle Engineering front fork truss. (https://www.customcycleengineering.c...sses-7/49mm-68) Have since taken them both off and will probably put up for sale as I have the bike for sale

Old 03-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

Did you find noticeable stabilization with the front fork truss? I have read mixed reviews so was hoping someone brought this up.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

Fork boots arrived today! I figured while the tubes are off I may as well add some bling

Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlawz
First off Thanks you HD Forums for getting me more information than I can ever hope to absorb in one lifetime!!

After many hours of research here I have pulled the trigger on a new suspension configuration that I hope will be more than worth all of the pennies that it cost!!

I have an 2013 Fat Bob, decent suspension I suppose, but it starts wobbling a bit at 100mph & isn't as tight in the corners as I would like. Besides all that aesthetically those rear shocks just had to go. So... After much research on this forum I decided to go with Ricor Sport Tuned Rears, intiminators, Race tech Springs & RSD Adjusters in the front.
Shocks wont be here for 3-4 weeks so I figured I would start this thread now & update it as parts start trickling in & provide yet again another suspension thread on the forum
Maybe because its a cruiser and not a sport bike.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Outlawz
Advanced

Ah yes but when I am done my cruiser will stop wobbling at 100mph & will be tighter in the curves

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Fat Bob Suspension Upgrade