Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   I want to ride (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1048876-i-want-to-ride.html)

SPARKY01 05-24-2015 07:59 AM

I want to ride

I want to ride. Rain..Rain..rain. has been raining for what seems like (and is) weeks on end. Not wanting to complain after a couple of years of drought but dang...enough for a while. I go out and just look at the bike from time to time. Must be like my northern friends which have to go months on end with the snow and such and can't ride. OK! I feel a little better now...lol.

sleepyone 05-24-2015 08:15 AM

I feel your pain, sparky. I live in Granbury. It rained a bunch in April, and we have had rain almost every day in May. I've been doing some work on my bike this spring (solo seat, SEPST) and I've not had much time to check out the comfort of my seat or take my bike out on a long ride to enjoy her new life with the race tuner. If you get an hour or two every few days consider yourself blessed. Very frustrating, but I imagine we will be praying for this rain come August.

SPARKY01 05-24-2015 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by sleepyone (Post 14048255)
I feel your pain, sparky. I live in Granbury. It rained a bunch in April, and we have had rain almost every day in May. I've been doing some work on my bike this spring (solo seat, SEPST) and I've not had much time to check out the comfort of my seat or take my bike out on a long ride to enjoy her new life with the race tuner. If you get an hour or two every few days consider yourself blessed. Very frustrating, but I imagine we will be praying for this rain come August.

You are right about August!

Bluraven 05-24-2015 08:26 AM

I'm heading to NW Arkansas next week for a week's vacation with at least 3 days of heavy riding.

I went ahead yesterday and spent over $200 on new rain gear.
My thought is if I buy new rain gear it won't rain.

Rain or not I'm going to be riding next week!!!!!!

Alain 05-24-2015 08:40 AM

I don't wanna hear it dude lolol. I'd rather be rained out for a few days than endure months of snow and brutal cold.

I can't wait to retire so I can get the hell out of NJ!!

Sarah93003 05-24-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Alain (Post 14048314)
I don't wanna hear it dude lolol. I'd rather be rained out for a few days than endure months of snow and brutal cold.

I can't wait to retire so I can get the hell out of NJ!!

+1 to that! I already left. :)

skipper469 05-24-2015 11:17 AM

It's always interesting to see the different weather conditions throuout the country and how much it hampers riding time. Out here in Arizona you can ride year round, but the summer months can be brutally hot and limit my riding time a bit.

snappyfish 05-24-2015 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by SPARKY01 (Post 14048205)
I want to ride. Rain..Rain..rain. has been raining for what seems like (and is) weeks on end.

Dam, are you in the UK by any chance lol

Originally Posted by skipper469 (Post 14048738)
It's always interesting to see the different weather conditions throuout the country and how much it hampers riding time. Out here in Arizona you can ride year round, but the summer months can be brutally hot and limit my riding time a bit.

Limit riding, DAM we dream of hot weather in UK

zombiefrog 05-24-2015 11:31 AM

I'll take some of that rain off your hands, may cool this sand pit down :S

Pete3323 05-24-2015 01:36 PM

Send some rain this way...we could sure use it!