General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What about the OCC production bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What about the OCC production bikes?

I saw a couple of the production bikes at the Harley store yesterday. Very flashy, very loooong, and very bright. I couldn't imagine riding one of their bikes because it must have been at least 10 feet long. I wouldn't want any rain to hit it because it would take FOREVER to clean all the chrome.

If they are asking $50K then they are smoking crack. I would think they would be around $22K to $28K.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley Davidson - average cost approximately $20K with a standard two year warranty.
OCC - average cost approximately $50K with NO WARRANTY.
I have a friend that boght a production OCC bike. One month after purchase the tranny locked up on him. Attempts to get OCC to repair the bike went now where. OCC said "Baker Transmission" contact Baker. Baker blaimed faulty construction/installation. OCC still would not repair the bike.
There are some nice production custom choppers out there that are designed to RIDE, unlike OCC which are nothing more than art work.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 PM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

Not my style. Besides, I really hate poor craftsmanship. They can do fantastic artwork and cosmetic items....but the mechanical aspect is very poor. The parts on the machines are in question as well.....aftermarket can be questioned.

And for safety issues.....errrr??? I am sure they have plenty.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never buy a chopper - of any make. However, I saw the OCC "Liberty Bike" at the '05 IMS and I have to admit it was stunning. Of course, it's not meant to be ridden - so what's the point?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM
cajunman831
Tourer

big dog motorcycles are better

Old 04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

I like the bike they did for Billy Joel... The bobber rather than the chopper.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Stache
Cruiser

I never quiet understood the appeal of OCC any way. In the world of custom bike they are realtivly new. There are dozens of great bike builders out there with 20-30 or more years experience and far more deserving of plublicity and accolades than OCC. OCC is pretty much a bunch of hackers in the world of custom bikes IMHO. But who am I to say anything ... I bet Paul^2 laughs all the way to the bank.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Of course I am by no means a mechanical. But I think I could order from all of the parts books as well as they can. I used to enjoy their show but I dont really watch it anymore.
Jeff

Old 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

I owuld not buy anyhting form OCC. I do not like their products, their people or their business plan. They will never be asked to join the Hamsters and real bike builders saw through their act years ago.

When I see little kids and people waiting on line for hours holding an OCC apparel item (they will only sign OCC products I am told) to get an autograpgh from one of these people only to find out at the last minute that autographs will only be available for OCC products PURCHASED THERE AT THAT TIME, (according to purported witness accounts. That's rediculous!

I thought OCC stood for Obsessed Celebrities Club.

People fall for anything. People have fallen for the Tuttel's game. Ask them who built the Dixie Chopper Bike or who has the rights to the video and see what type of response you get. I know a child who wrote a well thoght out and meaningful petter on a theme for a bike they could build. The kid and his family never got a reply except for a postcard thanking them for support and allowing them to join some "I love OCC Club."

Old 04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
bosnmate
Banned

I've seen an enhancedproduction bike (Customer order slightly customized version) and talked with the owner. The owner said it was a great bike, had not had any problems with it at all. He said it takes a little getting used because they sit a lot differently than most motorcycles. I asked him how many miles has he ridden the thing. He told me he has put about 11,000 miles on itduring the previous year.

I grew up in the tool and die welding business and I walked around his bike and looked at all the welds. Didn't spot a problem or shoddy workmanship at all with them.

Thought that was a pretty good review from somebody who actually owns and rides one. Personally custom long raked choppers aren't my style. Cool to look at, but I wouldn't spend money on one. Now, if I am given one then that would be different.

Quick Reply: What about the OCC production bikes?