General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What about the OCC production bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What about the OCC production bikes?

ORIGINAL: Jehu

I know a child who wrote a well thoght out and meaningful petter on a theme for a bike they could build. The kid and his family never got a reply except for a postcard thanking them for support and allowing them to join some "I love OCC Club."
I can't believe they even got that. Hmmm I can't believe they expected MORE???

It's a national TV show ... millions of viewers, i can only guess millions of letters.

It's like winning the lottery. Everybody and their dog thinks you owe them something. Not that I've ever won the lottery, but since everyone else is using heresay, I figure I may as well.

Be happy!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
ohiomotoxer
Tourer

It will be interesting to seewhen the EPA will start the fines for not having proper exhaust systems on them.
Just ask Jesse James........

I wonder if OCC even has a clue about the EPA emission regs..........prolly not.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

When I saw that OCC was going to makea production bike, I decided to watch the program and see what they looked like. Although the style isn't the style that I like, I would want to see one in person and maybe give it a try before I would say anything one way or another. Personally, I wouldn't pay $50,000 for one of their bikes but I wouldn't mind looking at it and maybe test ride one.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Camo
Intermediate

Jesse James is truly a craftsman, building great bikes. OCC is all about "We gotta have thing done by morning, so we will be spending 23 hours with no sleep to get it done." Yeah, that's the bike I want for $50k....NOT! I don't see any talent that makes them master builders.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Bob-n-Ohio
Cruiser

Not constructed for riding, show only bikes....Have you never seen the show? Watch how they throw the bikes together.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,902 Likes on 17,471 Posts

$50,000 I can build 3 decent bikes nothing over the top gaudy with all the ch*nk-a-deas they throw at one and you'd have a nice looking ridable reliable bike with horsepower tucked in or 2 showcase bike's with all the bling and big motors . Those boys are straight up a bunch of no talent clowns . The production bikes , all the major components come other sources in bulk they don't make frames or build motors & trannies . Any of the off the shelf cookie cutter harley look a like bikes will have issues unless each one is hand built and debugged personally by a knowledgeable mechanic that takes the time to do it right and those do not come cheap .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-24-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:44 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

nvm....

Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob-n-Ohio
Not constructed for riding, show only bikes....Have you never seen the show? Watch how they throw the bikes together.

Yeah i remember the bike they built for Wendys, the battery box was slightly to small to take the battery and Paul Jnr kept stamping on it till it finally jammed itself in, god knows what the owners did when it went flat,cos there's no way it was going to come out again.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My prediction is that this thread will outlive the company.

Quick Reply: What about the OCC production bikes?