Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Behavioural Question (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1056925-behavioural-question.html)

TheGerman 07-01-2015 08:05 PM

Behavioural Question

Hi folks,

Quick question. If you have a fellow rider in front of you and he moves to the very left of the lane on a straight road, is that an invitation to close up and ride a couple of miles together? If so, would you stay staggered or ride parallel? I'm usually fine with either, especially on these wide and straight roads.
Its just a nice feeling to share a ride together.

Thanks,
Alex

tehan2 07-01-2015 08:11 PM

I don't ride next to anyone if I don't know their skills. takes one bad line and both you you are sliding

monkeyboy22 07-01-2015 08:12 PM

Not for me. I usually ride in the left portion of the lane for various reasons but not to invite someone to ride next to me. I don't know you or your riding style, or whoever is behind me, and I don't want you to interfere with my riding style.

sixguns 07-01-2015 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheGerman (Post 14168564)
Hi folks,

Quick question. If you have a fellow rider in front of you and he moves to the very left of the lane on a straight road, is that an invitation to close up and ride a couple of miles together? If so, would you stay staggered or ride parallel? I'm usually fine with either, especially on these wide and straight roads.
Its just a nice feeling to share a ride together.

Thanks,
Alex

Im ok with staggered, lots of room on the road, come on up.

Ragtop 07-01-2015 08:28 PM

NO, that is not an invitation to ride with a stranger!

IzzoQuazzo 07-01-2015 08:30 PM

This again?

No, he is entitled to the entire width of his lane.

Redlegvzv 07-01-2015 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tehan2 (Post 14168584)
I don't ride next to anyone if I don't know their skills. takes one bad line and both you you are sliding

:icon_that:

IMO no that is not what that means. It may mean that he is inviting you to pass him or maybe that is just where he wants to position himself in the lane.

HeadoftheBeast 07-01-2015 08:32 PM

If somebody happens to get behind me while riding solo, I have no problem with them falling into a staggered position behind me until one of us speeds up or turns off. I do have an issue with random people trying to share a lane with me.

Falling in behind a group, especially a club in colors, is a different story.

bdtaylor1979 07-01-2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by monkeyboy22 (Post 14168586)
Not for me. I usually ride in the left portion of the lane for various reasons but not to invite someone to ride next to me. I don't know you or your riding style, or whoever is behind me, and I don't want you to interfere with my riding style.

:icon_that:

TwiZted Biker 07-01-2015 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo (Post 14168633)
This again?

Can we make this an automatic sticky for the weekly oil threads ?