Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Attention riders (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1062184-attention-riders.html)

Shorty_est87 07-28-2015 11:24 AM

Attention riders

Hello I'm new to the Harley world been riding for a month I got a 2015 Fatboy lo only problem is that none of my friends have bikes or ride so by I'm trying to find new friend to ride with or hit bars with in the Miami area. Thanks

Reddog01 07-28-2015 11:37 AM

I suggest you either ride or hit the bars, but don't do both. Good luck in finding fellow riders in your area.

the wild hog 07-28-2015 11:44 AM

Welcome

Twospot 07-28-2015 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Shorty_est87 (Post 14249404)
Hello I'm new to the Harley world been riding for a month I got a 2015 Fatboy lo only problem is that none of my friends have bikes or ride so by I'm trying to find new friend to ride with or hit bars with in the Miami area. Thanks

Welcome to the forums. As said above. Skip the bars if you're going to ride. Focus on practicing emergency braking, swerving and slow maneuvers in a parking lot. If you haven't done so, take at least an MSF class as well. It really helps.

Ride Safe!

deadhawg 07-28-2015 11:48 AM

Congrats on the new bike. Are you new to riding or just new to Harleys? If you're new to riding itself, be careful, many accidents happen in the first few months of riding, especially if you "hit the bars" and then get on the bike.

Rumblin 07-28-2015 11:57 AM

Many dealerships participate in sponsoring, if that is what they do, HOG (Harley Owners Group) groups. Some local HOGs are active, other not so much, but if you call around you might get hooked up with one you like and find some riding buddies. Just a thought.

soft 02 07-28-2015 12:01 PM

Set up a Tinder account. might find some people with like interests.

O-Town D 07-28-2015 12:09 PM

There are several motorcycle "meetup" groups in your area that might be worth checking out....
~

Colorido 07-28-2015 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rumblin (Post 14249517)
Many dealerships participate in sponsoring, if that is what they do, HOG (Harley Owners Group) groups. Some local HOGs are active, other not so much, but if you call around you might get hooked up with one you like and find some riding buddies. Just a thought.

The HOG chapter in Miami, based out of Peterson's, is really active. OP, perhaps look into it and see if they are people you'd enjoy riding with. I think they are most active for local rides in the winter...a lot of them travel in the summer.

Shorty_est87 07-28-2015 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by deadhawg (Post 14249488)
Congrats on the new bike. Are you new to riding or just new to Harleys? If you're new to riding itself, be careful, many accidents happen in the first few months of riding, especially if you "hit the bars" and then get on the bike.

I'm new to both but I took a msf course I handle myself pretty good for a rookie. But I listen to all Harley vets and experience riders I take what what they say and learn from it. Thanks