General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried really hard to buy a HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
cavedog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried really hard to buy a HD

It was my intention to buy a 2006 Ultra classic from Rossiter's HD in Sarasota. They made it such a hasstle that I finally had to say forget it. Why, because I wanted to finance half the price and didn't want to pay cash.
Which by the way I could have paid cash if I wanted to. Could not get the general manager to call my bank and try to get things worked out. Bottom line they didn't want to do the paperwork to have a lien on the bike. To much paperwork as I was told. I worked in retail for 15 years. I bent over backwards to make the customer happy, even if he or she was a jerk. I did what ever it took to make the sale. They just have to many rules to buying a bike which makes it difficult unless you live close by. They will probably sell the bike, but not to me today. My wife and I were dissappointed. We were going to fly to get the bike and ride it home, a 1000+ mile trip. Oh well now I am back to looking.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Ben U
Default RE: I tried really hard to buy a HD

Try Gator Harley Davidson in Leesburg, FL ... they've been great with me.

http://www.gatorharley.com/

(353) 787-8050

Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Rabid
Cruiser

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it seems they go out of their way to p*ss customers off. I'm sure you willend up with a Harley, probably just around the corner from you. I find these things happen for a reason. Good luck on your search..

Rabid

Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Cyclecycles
Cruiser

Its not like that in Pittsburgh, got a few really good dealers here.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
cavedog
Tourer

Hey Rabid, nice bike. Got that in a Black Cherry?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why fly and then ride back 1000 miles ? Isn't there someone closer to you than that ???

It would seem that the cost of two one way airlines tickets and the 1000 mile journey couldn't be more than the discount they may offer.

ORIGINAL: cavedog

It was my intention to buy a 2006 Ultra classic from Rossiter's HD in Sarasota. They made it such a hasstle that I finally had to say forget it. Why, because I wanted to finance half the price and didn't want to pay cash.
Which by the way I could have paid cash if I wanted to. Could not get the general manager to call my bank and try to get things worked out. Bottom line they didn't want to do the paperwork to have a lien on the bike. To much paperwork as I was told. I worked in retail for 15 years. I bent over backwards to make the customer happy, even if he or she was a jerk. I did what ever it took to make the sale. They just have to many rules to buying a bike which makes it difficult unless you live close by. They will probably sell the bike, but not to me today. My wife and I were dissappointed. We were going to fly to get the bike and ride it home, a 1000+ mile trip. Oh well now I am back to looking.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

That is so frigging stupid. I work at a motorcycle dealership and I fax PO's to banks all the time for financing. Lots of people do their own financing. I guarantee you that this is not common practice at all Harley Dealerships. Screw these guys and find another dealer.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:32 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I never heard of an auto dealer that didn't do financing.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
cavedog
Tourer

Toyrider, Why fly and then ride back 1000 miles ? Isn't there someone closer to you than that ???

Well I got tickets for $59 each. Which made it pretty good

Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't being rude, just had to ask...

I have to agree with Terry, find someone else....they could of faxed you a loan app, you would of then completed it and then faxed it back..then they obtain an approval and overnight you the documents and then you return that with a check for the difference....deal done !!

ORIGINAL: cavedog

Toyrider, Why fly and then ride back 1000 miles ? Isn't there someone closer to you than that ???

Well I got tickets for $59 each. Which made it pretty good

Quick Reply: I tried really hard to buy a HD