General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Sport Tour or Danny Gray LowIST seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:04 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by surfcitybeach
I just put a C&C Sport Tour on my 15' SG, and did 300 miles on it yesterday. It was fine until the last 60 miles or so. It looks awesome on the bike, and the customer service is the best. Chuck took the order and had it to me in 5 days. The lines going back to the passenger seat are well defined, but not too sharp. The gel pad in the rider position didn't seem to make a difference, and my wife said the seat was great all day for her....but she's all of 100 lbs.. I almost ordered the Danny Gray tourIST, but the lines looked too hard.
Thank you. Your seat looks great!

Old 09-22-2015, 07:09 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl '69
No experience with the Danny Gray seat, but have the C&C Sport Tour on my '02 FXD & love it. Very comfortable & good looking seat.

Just call C&C & ask 'em about any tweaks you may have in mind. They're very easy to work with & are very reasonable on customization.
Thanks for the info. I looked at some pics of your bike. The color of my bike is very close to yours and I'm really digging the brown on blue. Are there benefits to the diamond pattern or is it cosmetic only?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:20 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Just a cosmetic thing. I really dig that diamond-stitch pattern & am going for a late '70's/early '80's retro kinda vibe & had to do it.

Nice thing is, if yer wanting custom colors, they'll gladly send you a packet of swatches for you to choose the exact color & grain you want. Had 'em recover the sissy-bar pad to match (which, btw, cost less than shipping the seat from CA to NC...).

I don't have the time to a lot of long distance riding, but lazy 200 mile days puttering about the backroads do not produce any discomfort/hot spots/monkey-butt.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Hogmancat
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C&c st

I just put a C&C Sport Tour on my 15' SG, and did 300 miles on it yesterday. It was fine until the last 60 miles or so. It looks awesome on the bike, and the customer service is the best. Chuck took the order and had it to me in 5 days. The lines going back to the passenger seat are well defined, but not too sharp. The gel pad in the rider position didn't seem to make a difference, and my wife said the seat was great all day for her....but she's all of 100 lbs.. I almost ordered the Danny Gray tourIST, but the lines looked too hard.

So your wife is happy with the C&C Sport Tour seat? I'm in search of a good looking 2 up that is just comfy enough for the wife. Replaces my stock FatBob seat which is terrible for her. Thanks

Old 10-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Hogmancat
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Carl '69
Just a cosmetic thing. I really dig that diamond-stitch pattern & am going for a late '70's/early '80's retro kinda vibe & had to do it.

Nice thing is, if yer wanting custom colors, they'll gladly send you a packet of swatches for you to choose the exact color & grain you want. Had 'em recover the sissy-bar pad to match (which, btw, cost less than shipping the seat from CA to NC...).

I don't have the time to a lot of long distance riding, but lazy 200 mile days puttering about the backroads do not produce any discomfort/hot spots/monkey-butt.
Great looking seat and bike! Any passenger feedback on the comfort of it on a 200 mile ride? Thanks

Old 10-11-2015, 04:17 PM
surfcitybeach
Advanced

Yes, she says it rides nice for her. We just came back from a 150 miler this morning and she said it still fine. Remember though, she is all of 110 lbs and wears a size 0 pants. Don't know how that compares to you honey, just food for thought before buying. I get a lot of compliments on this seat, but it would be questionable for me on a real cross country ride of more than a day.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Hogmancat
5th Gear

Yes, she says it rides nice for her. We just came back from a 150 miler this morning and she said it still fine. Remember though, she is all of 110 lbs and wears a size 0 pants. Don't know how that compares to you honey, just food for thought before buying. I get a lot of compliments on this seat, but it would be questionable for me on a real cross country ride of more than a day.
Thanks mate! Appreciate the feedback.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Danny Gray LowIST seat?

I have a switchback and tried Danny Gray BigIST. Too narrow for me. Only 11.5 inches wide. I will stick with my Vintage wide Mustang seat. I have had Ultimate seats in the past. Great seats if you can handle the looks. (similar to Mustangs.)