General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akoury helmets sale $70 free shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 12:03 PM
glide5904
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Helmet ordered. $70.00 to my door. That's a good deal.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:20 PM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by glide5904
Helmet ordered. $70.00 to my door. That's a good deal.
$70? Did you get free shipping??

Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't pass on this deal. Thanks for posting the order info. I ordered the AK 1
And will use it and compare to my slim G

Wasn't the story that helmets should be replaced every 5 years or so?

I read it somewhere and I don't know if it's true but or this price it's worth it anyway

Old 10-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Originally Posted by BigLowRider
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=akoury+helmet

One thing to keep in mind is that this has a ratchet style strap. I like the strap - it's very quick and easy, but one aspect that I did not consider before I bought my Akoury is that you cannot tighten the strap as you are riding. The helmet does not lift on my head until I hit about 70 mph and when that happens I cannot tighten the strap to make the fit more snug.

But overall it is a very good helmet. It is very lightweight and does not give you mushroom head.
Why in God's name would you be fiddling with the adjustment or fastening mechanism while you are in motion? That's almost the equivalent of texting while driving.

Snug it properly before you get going and if it is too loose, pull over and tighten it again.

I always use both hands to tighten my helmet.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:54 AM
BigLowRider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Why in God's name would you be fiddling with the adjustment or fastening mechanism while you are in motion? That's almost the equivalent of texting while driving.
With a D-ring strap you can usually pull on the strap with your left hand to tighten it. It's about as dangerous as wiping a bug off your face while riding. Yes, I sometimes take the life-threatening action of removing my left hand from the handlebar grip. In the 1970's, I used my entire left arm to indicate when I was turning - God, and the police, didn't seem to mind.

Last edited by BigLowRider; 10-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:25 PM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Thank you. It was time for a new 1/2 helmet. I had been waiting for a deal like this, but didn't know about it, til I saw your post.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

ordered one as well. was going to wait until next spring, but couldn't pass this one up. shipped very quickly, but will take a week to arrive. I guess customs is the bottleneck on this one.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Greg Di
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot

Snug it properly before you get going and if it is too loose, pull over and tighten it again.

I always use both hands to tighten my helmet.
Haha...

I have an Akoury and all I have to do is reach up and squeeze more of the ratchet strap through the ratchet (how ever many clicks I need). Takes less effort that turning on my blinker.

I think you are whacked, man! I will maybe give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know what a ratchet is.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

The sale must be longer than 5 days.
I just ordered mine for $69.99 shipped.

Thanks to the OP for posting the sale.

Last edited by Bluraven; 10-18-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Di
Haha... I have an Akoury and all I have to do is reach up and squeeze more of the ratchet strap through the ratchet (how ever many clicks I need). Takes less effort that turning on my blinker. I think you are whacked, man! I will maybe give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know what a ratchet is.
I've never seen a helmet with a ratcheting mechanism. Then again, there aren't any good places to buy helmets around here.

Is it made the way ratchet straps for tying down a bike is made?

I know what I go through snugging my Fulmer down is a pretty involved ordeal that makes me look like I am having an epileptic seizure while doing it, hence my comments.

When I was younger, like an idiot, I would sometimes stand up on my seat while going down a road with nobody around.

Last edited by Prot; 10-18-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Akoury helmets sale $70 free shipping