Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Confused Electa Glide vs. Ultra Limited (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1081370-confused-electa-glide-vs-ultra-limited.html)

slowrollin 11-17-2015 10:26 AM

Confused Electa Glide vs. Ultra Limited

Has Harley officially dropped the Electra Glide name/class of bikes or would Ultra Limiteds, and Ultra Classics still be considered Electra Glides? Was never was really clear on this. I've been calling the bike Electra Glides.

Brewmany 11-17-2015 10:40 AM

They are Electra Glides. Same frame, engine, controls, etc....... The model year 2014 they didn't use the term Electra Glide at all, it was either Ultra Classic or Ultra Limited.
I see for 2015 and 2016 they use Electra Glide for the what was the Classic, but are still calling not using the term for the Ultra Limited. I just tell everyone i have an Electra Glide. I don't much care for the term Ultra at all. I'd be happy with Electra Glide Classic and Electra Glide Limited. Other than model year tweaks, they're all E-Glides.

Keithhu 11-17-2015 10:42 AM

Um, no, they havent.

The 2016 touring lineup includes Electra Glide Classic, Electra Glide Classic Low.

OwnerOfHarriet 11-17-2015 09:36 PM

At one time they labeled EG as Standard, Classic and Ultra. The standard had no trunk, the classic had the trunk and the Ultra had a Trunk , rear speakers and CB. Then they changed the options and did not put a radio in the standard and so on. My 2000 had air suspension front and rear, now they only come with it in the rear

Daytona Fat Boy 11-18-2015 01:09 AM

I don't think they've dropped the "class", but in recent years, the only models that carry the "name" Electra Glide are the Electra Glide Ultra Classic and Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low. As OwnerofHarriet mentioned, the MoCo has had Electra Glide Standards, Classics, & Ultras in the past. To me, if it comes from the factory with a Bat Wing fairing, its an Electra Glide, so I would include the Ultra Limited and Ultra Limited Low in that group.

IdahoHacker 11-18-2015 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by slowrollin (Post 14582628)
Has Harley officially dropped the Electra Glide name/class of bikes or would Ultra Limiteds, and Ultra Classics still be considered Electra Glides? Was never was really clear on this. I've been calling the bike Electra Glides.

www.Harley-Davidson.com

TOURING

Road King
Street Glide
Road Glide
Street Glide Special
Road Glide Special
Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low

Road Glide Ultra
Ultra Limited
Ultra Limited Low

Electra Glides are still there, and Ultras are still there, and they're separate.

rdam 11-18-2015 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by OwnerOfHarriet (Post 14584318)
At one time they labeled EGYPT as Standard, Classic and Ultra. The standard had no trunk, the classic had the trunk and the Ultra had a Tunkhannock , rear speakers and CB. Then they changed the options and did not put a radio in the standard and so on. My 2000 had air suspension front and rear, now they only come with it in the rear

What?

Mountain Cruiser 11-18-2015 07:51 PM

The original Electra Glides were more like what we call a Road King now.

roussfam 11-18-2015 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by rdam
What?

What's the matter? Doesn't your Egypt come with a Tunkhannock??

Sheesh, some people

skidder 11-18-2015 08:36 PM

They still have a name that could be used for sex toys.