Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   J&P Cycles shipping delays?? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1101179-j-and-p-cycles-shipping-delays.html)

cruzrtwdgt 02-26-2016 01:49 PM

J&P Cycles shipping delays??

Anyone have any idea what is going on with them? Ordered a tire last Friday for GF's Softail (in stock), Tuesday I chatted with customer service and was told would ship Wednesday. It's Friday, a week later, and all I have is a UPS tracking number that says "label generated". Call them and get a recording that says lenghty delays, blah blah, sorry for the inconvenience.

Heck, I work for Michelin, could have ordered it from them at a great price, but thought I would support a vendor.

Just wondering if this is their norm or if there are extenuating circumstances out there....

das56170 02-26-2016 02:18 PM

Not sure about their tire situation, since I've never ordered tires through them, but I order other parts through them all the time, and it usually get shipped pretty quick. My most recent order was place on Sunday 2/21 (just a few miscellaneous parts). Part of the order showed up yesterday, Thursday 2/25, and the rest showed up today.

tvon 02-26-2016 02:21 PM

I've run into this with them a few times, tires and other things. But I can't say its unique to them. You pay for expedited shipping but it takes them a week to get it out the door :(

E8USMCRET 02-26-2016 02:50 PM

I ordered a tube of Ride On and it took two weeks, everything else I've ever ordered from them usually get's to me quick like.

Cozz 02-26-2016 03:04 PM

Me too

I ordered a bumper eliminator bracket from jp around a month ago. It took a week or more to get it. No response from them after placing the order. I had to call THEM to find out what was up. They used to be WAY better than that.

deadhawg 02-26-2016 03:16 PM

I ordered two cables from J&P, the "idle" cable and the "throttle" cable for my Road Glide. The "idle" cable came in a few days, but the "throttle" cable didn't. I called, they said it was backordered and it would be two months before it came in, so I canceled the order from them and ordered one directly from Barnett, got it in a couple days. I checked my J&P account online a few days later and saw the order was still pending, so I called again to cancel again.

Got home from a ride yesterday and the cable from J&P was on the porch, over a month from my order and after calling to cancel twice. I think I'm done with them.

Coolaid 02-26-2016 04:31 PM

JP is s sponsor here I'm sure they are seeing this. This is good feedback for them.

Loc_Tite 02-26-2016 04:43 PM

They've always been good, hopefully this is a temporary thing.

upflying 02-26-2016 05:23 PM

Vendors cant ship unless the supplier keeps product in inventory. J&P is at the mercy of Michelin.
Yea I know it said "in stock" but how often is that updated?

uklauren 02-26-2016 05:45 PM

Daytona coming up, maybe all hands on deck getting organized for next week?