General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacket: Legendary leather or Hillside USA ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
Did you look at USA made Fox Creek Leather? Heaviest cow hide. Custom made. Lifetime guaranty..
Great value
They have good leather but Hillside does use thicker leather on most of their Jackets.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:52 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
They have good leather but Hillside does use thicker leather on most of their Jackets.
Hillside horse or cow? Thicker Than 1.6? FCL is 1.6 cow
Cuz on Hillside site it said 1.4 and horse... Which is much stiffer

Last edited by amkaos; 03-26-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Hillside leather 1.6 - 1.8
Horse Hide 1.2 - 1.4

Fox Creek Leather 1.4 - 1.6

Old 03-26-2016, 07:11 PM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your old one seems to have shrunk? Lol I've heard that one before.
I would be willing to bet that your scale in the bathroom broke too and won't read correctly. Or possibly your belt holes disappeared. Lol
I'm just kidding but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread because I don't have a riding jacket at all and am in the market for one. I went all last season with no riding jacket and I refuse to go another season without one.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:22 PM
deadbroke
Tourer
Received 123 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by moosehunter22
Your old one seems to have shrunk? Lol I've heard that one before.
I would be willing to bet that your scale in the bathroom broke too and won't read correctly. Or possibly your belt holes disappeared. Lol
I'm just kidding but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread because I don't have a riding jacket at all and am in the market for one. I went all last season with no riding jacket and I refuse to go another season without one.
How'd you know?? All kidding aside my son has already claimed it.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:09 AM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deadbroke
How'd you know?? All kidding aside my son has already claimed it.
I just mean to see which jackets everyone prefers the most. I've been hearing lots of great news on fox creek leathers but I hear they will break the bank as well. So some people say what's wrong with paying extra money for something that is for safety, comfortability, and style. I will be buying a jacket within the month somewhere. I hate to order one because I have no idea what size to order in the first place. Honestly I'll probably just start at a few local dealers within an hour of me.
Good luck though

Old 03-27-2016, 08:21 AM
ripn
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by moosehunter22
I just mean to see which jackets everyone prefers the most. I've been hearing lots of great news on fox creek leathers but I hear they will break the bank as well. So some people say what's wrong with paying extra money for something that is for safety, comfortability, and style. I will be buying a jacket within the month somewhere. I hate to order one because I have no idea what size to order in the first place. Honestly I'll probably just start at a few local dealers within an hour of me.
Good luck though

I've been very happy with the Legendary Enforcer that I have. I did end up exchanging it for 1/size larger, even though I ordered the same size as my old jacket (River Run). Great customer service from cradle to grave. And I didn't break the bank getting what seems like a quality product.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:00 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
Did you look at USA made Fox Creek Leather? Heaviest cow hide. Custom made. Lifetime guaranty..
Great value
Originally Posted by Misbehaven
They are both made in the U.S...and if you compare some of their models, they look very similar and I'd swear that they both use the same manufacturer. Could be wrong, tho...

Old 03-27-2016, 09:19 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
They are both made in the U.S...and if you compare some of their models, they look very similar and I'd swear that they both use the same manufacturer. Could be wrong, tho...
You might be right.. Many of FCL is built right above the showroom. But jackets are built in NY or NJ for now. Soon everything will be built back in VA

Old 03-27-2016, 01:51 PM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been in the market for a nice jacket, so I read through threads like this. HOLY COW SKIN, Schott makes a couple jackets that are going to be just shy of $1K the time I get a tall. WHAT?? For that kind of money, it should come with heated liners, golden zippers, and make sandwiches after rubbing my back!

Quick Reply: Jacket: Legendary leather or Hillside USA ?