Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   California Exhaust (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1108028-california-exhaust.html)

HDdanv 04-02-2016 07:15 PM

California Exhaust

Whats the best way to go about trying to pick up an aftermarket exhaust for my 2014 street bob in California, because of all the restrictions and stuff.

Thanks

RedNose44 04-02-2016 07:44 PM

You need to find a company that will sell to you, or buy out of state. You will also need to install it yourself, or find a shop willing to do it.

Uncle Paul 04-02-2016 10:13 PM

Lots of used exhaust stuff available. No problems when buying from a private party.

OldEnuf2NoBtr 04-02-2016 11:47 PM

You can always have an out-of-state relative or buddy buy it and then ship it to you, bring it to you, or wait for you to come and pick it up.

TriGeezer 04-02-2016 11:53 PM

Based upon the quantity of apparent non-EPA compliant exhaust in Ca. There must be an easier way than buying out of state... Says the guy with full Vance and Hines installed while living in Oregon.

HDdanv 04-02-2016 11:58 PM

Thanks for all the help, I guess ill be on the search for a seller that is willing to ship to CA.

HDdanv 04-03-2016 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 15003877)
Based upon the quantity of apparent non-EPA compliant exhaust in Ca. There must be an easier way than buying out of state... Says the guy with full Vance and Hines installed while living in Oregon.

You would think with all the exhaust companies that reside in CA (ie. Vance and Hines) that they would be able to figure out a way to sell their own products to the people that share their state or make something that falls into the states regulations, even if they would be a POS in comparison to other exhaust systems.

cdonis 04-03-2016 12:35 AM

Call d & d exhaust. I ordered a kickass Pipe and had it at my door in less than a week from Texas. No problem at all.

nannynooch 04-03-2016 12:49 AM

This is relevant to my concerns I have RnS loud AF exhaust on my bike. Fine in Korea but I'm keeping the stock pipes just in case I have to get hooked up for "smog check" when I bring it home to CA after retirement. I also have the baffle in the RnS, does anybody know if I will be hassled?

TwiZted Biker 04-03-2016 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by nannynooch (Post 15003955)
This is relevant to my concerns I have RnS loud AF exhaust on my bike. Fine in Korea but I'm keeping the stock pipes just in case I have to get hooked up for "smog check" when I bring it home to CA after retirement. I also have the baffle in the RnS, does anybody know if I will be hassled?

You'll have to have the bike inspected by the CHP before they will issue tags so I do suggest you do a little research in whatever area you'll be moving to about what inspection stations are bike friendly and which are not, not all play far and some can be real hardass about trivial stuff loud pipes in particular so do what you can to quiet them before hand. Smog checks are not an issue yet.