General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

I wear Western Style (Cowboy boots) all day most every day, as a result I own closet full. My favorites for all day comfort are usually my Ariats, so as for me I usually ride with whichever pair I have on at the time I decide to go for a ride

Old 04-13-2016, 07:58 AM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
You traded an R1200RT for an Ultra??? Care to elaborate?
Yes it did ..... I had a 2009 R1200rt and really liked the bike. Previous to that I rode a Goldwing. The wife liked the Goldwing, very comfortable, I found it boring. So I bought the RT, it had some character, it was agile, had a little vibration, but not as comfortable for the wife. The sitting position bothered my knees, it's tough to stretch out on a sport tourer. I enjoy longer rides so the riding position began to bother me.

So this fall I sold my RT and ordered a 2016 Ultra. It was delivered to my garage in late February.

My wife could never hear me come home on the RT..... Oh your back? Now she has the garage door opened for me

Old 04-13-2016, 08:27 AM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I picked up a pair of Stylmartin waterproof boots a couple of years ago and they've become my go to pair particularly if I'm going to be on and off the bike a lot. Break-in time was very short and the soles provide a good grip.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:30 AM
CR3999
Road Captain
Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

I wear these, and they keep my feet dry.
http://www.irishsetterboots.com/USD/.../83601-6-brown

Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

A pair of NEO's rolled up in my swing-arm bag are for when the deluge hits.

These are coated poly-canvas, except for the neoprene soles, and you can literally go wading in em; 100% waterproof,,, unlike Gore-Tex.

Leather with any kind of decent dressing on it will handle light or occasional showers no problem at all.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:57 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by lmar
Yes it did ..... I had a 2009 R1200rt and really liked the bike. Previous to that I rode a Goldwing. The wife liked the Goldwing, very comfortable, I found it boring. So I bought the RT, it had some character, it was agile, had a little vibration, but not as comfortable for the wife. The sitting position bothered my knees, it's tough to stretch out on a sport tourer. I enjoy longer rides so the riding position began to bother me.

So this fall I sold my RT and ordered a 2016 Ultra. It was delivered to my garage in late February.

My wife could never hear me come home on the RT..... Oh your back? Now she has the garage door opened for me
Oh don't laugh. I have a pair of HD branded boots the Felix model that I've been wearing the last 2 1/2 years. They were on closeout and had additional markdowns during a gear sale at the dealer got them cheaper than a pair of comparable wolverines.

Way more comfortable to walk around in than my old Oxtar TCS Evo race boots. Probably not near as good in the event of a crash though.

I think wolverine makes the HD boots. Any good Vibram sole work boot would be my recommendation.

You change the exhaust? My wife never hears the road glide pull in. I however can hear her pulling into the neighborhood 1/2 a mile away.

In all this time they've ridden through several storms and thousand of miles of rain and never left me with wet feet.

http://www.wisconsinharley.com/harle...rk8aAoMJ8P8HAQ

Last edited by bettingpython; 04-13-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

I ponied up and ordered a set of custom Wesco's. EXPENSIVE, but VERY HIGH quality. My only complaint would be their customer service was lacking a bit. My order was delayed from the holidays and they never called to let me know. Not a big deal, but bad business in my eyes when someone is dropping that kind of coin on a product.

VERY happy with them. they are breaking in nicely.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:19 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by lmar
So I bought the RT, it had some character, it was agile, had a little vibration, but not as comfortable for the wife. The sitting position bothered my knees, it's tough to stretch out on a sport tourer. I enjoy longer rides so the riding position began to bother me.

So this fall I sold my RT and ordered a 2016 Ultra.
Makes a ton of sense. I've had about 10 bmw's over the years. Some I loved, some I've hated.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your new Ultra in good health. Congrats.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 AM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Makes a ton of sense. I've had about 10 bmw's over the years. Some I loved, some I've hated.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your new Ultra in good health. Congrats.
Thank you 😊 I'm sure we will.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 AM
streg2
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Red Wings for me, the pair I have on have been resoled once. After breaking in I wear them everywhere doing everything.

Quick Reply: Riding Boots