Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   guy thought I was splitting lanes my perhaps at fault? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1118036-guy-thought-i-was-splitting-lanes-my-perhaps-at-fault.html)

Dr. Tiki 05-29-2016 03:07 AM

I would have *DUI his ass. :) I firmly believe that Vegas has a very unique set of riding challenges when it comes to riding in the city. I tend to work odd hours at times and the worst times that I hate to ride in Vegas are: Any morning from 4-6am. Friday Nights from 7-8pm and Sat. mornings from 2-4am. I don't know why, but that seems to be the hours that my "Spidey Senses" are telling me to be extra alert.

I do think all hours are bad though. Being Las Vegas, we have a a very transient population so we get driving styles and bad habits from all over the country, combine that with a being a 24hr town, you never know who just got out of the bar after their shift to let off some steam. I can't tell you how many times i have seen Metro doing a sobriety check on someone at 8am.

As far as what lane should you have been in or position. No one on this forum can answer that. My lane choice and position in that lane are constantly being evaluated and even the vehicle behind me will even influence that choice.

nevada72 05-29-2016 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by RK4ME (Post 15187314)
I was going to say "except when riding staggered" but I (incorrectly) assumed that people reading my post would understand that.

Never underestimate my willingness to belabor/point out the obvious. This is a rider's forum after all. :D

gja 05-30-2016 04:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob (Post 15181242)
Exactly!

In all reality the guy was an asshat about the situation,but remember you're still on a bike,and even a smart car wins against a bike. Ride like you're invisible to cages out there.

Sorry Cowboy, but I call BS on your above statement about smart cars

AJSHOVEL 05-30-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ragtop (Post 15180900)
should have stabbed him!

this....lol!!!

Tenn 05-30-2016 07:57 AM

Roadrage is real, I think they make a pill for it. It use to affect me but I've learned to control it now, especially on a bike.

it ain't smart to bring a knife or a whip to a gunfight.

Ride Safely

TN

AlanStansbery 05-30-2016 11:06 AM

The situation is secondary to the result. You put yourself in jeopardy by pitting your two-wheeler against his four-wheeler. This is how guys get hurt.

As for lane-splitting, know the exact wording of the law in your state, and follow it. That way you're unlikely to get a ticket. It won't help you with assholes maybe, because they probably don't know, and probably wouldn't care about the laws regarding lane-splitting.

Do what you want, it's a free country. It's a bad idea to mix it up with another vehicle, let alone a car or truck, when you're riding down the road on a bike.

Alan

cficole 05-30-2016 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tenn (Post 15191279)
Roadrage is real, I think they make a pill for it. It use to affect me but I've learned to control it now, especially on a bike.

it ain't smart to bring a knife or a whip to a gunfight.

Ride Safely

TN

Or a bike to a carfight.