General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad biker manners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:11 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by kokemill
I think it was a dick move, but I don't like how you ride and you editing titling is wrong. The first thing I noticed is that you had to put a cut in the video between passing the 2 vehicles. It takes you 2 seconds to pass the car at at the moment where you would be clearing the front bumper the title tells us that is where you would change lanes, lm guessing you are not giving us the whole story there. He passes you at your "now" which means you were not ready to change lanes and he knew it.
You all better get used to this, this is how all bike traffic works on CA freeways and it now common place in Texas and in Chicago.
I cut two seconds from the video while I caught up to the second car, nothing to see there, nothing else to the story. Everybody interprets the vid differently. I wasn't lane blocking. The guy who passed me came up that mountain like a rocket, because he wasn't anywhere near me when I first pulled out to pass. BTW, you see the sun glare? How do you see someone 500 yards back in a 4" mirror with that?
Although you guys don't know me personally, I value my honesty and integrity, being a poser is not my thing. I don't get my kicks out of anonymously posting doctored vids on the Tube.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by kokemill
I think it was a dick move, but I don't like how you ride and you editing titling is wrong. The first thing I noticed is that you had to put a cut in the video between passing the 2 vehicles. It takes you 2 seconds to pass the car at at the moment where you would be clearing the front bumper the title tells us that is where you would change lanes, lm guessing you are not giving us the whole story there. He passes you at your "now" which means you were not ready to change lanes and he knew it.
You all better get used to this, this is how all bike traffic works on CA freeways and it now common place in Texas and in Chicago.
I cut two seconds from the video while I caught up to the second car, nothing to see there, nothing else to the story. Everybody interprets the vid differently. I wasn't lane blocking. The guy who passed me came up that mountain like a rocket, because he wasn't anywhere near me when I first pulled out to pass. BTW, you see the sun glare? How do you see someone 500 yards back in a 4" mirror with that?
I don't get my kicks out of anonymously posting doctored vids on the Tube.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarfish
I don't get my kicks out of anonymously posting doctored vids on the Tube.

Hmmmmm....

Old 06-18-2016, 11:10 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Dick move anyway you want to look at it. Some of you guys seem to think you get privileges that just don't exist just 'cause you're on two wheels. Someone said it earlier, try it with a cop there and see what happens. And smack downs on the clown are all fine and well but in reality it ain't gonna happen, the only one going to give that boy a smack down is himself and hopefully he doesn't take down someone else with him when he does it. Spending a few seconds getting the guys attention before he passed wasn't gonna kill him or anyone else, unlike the pass he made could have. Everybody's in such a big hurry to go nowhere any more and they're going there with a huge entitlement attitude! WTF is wrong with everybody?

The following users liked this post:
Drair (06-18-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
WTF is wrong with everybody?
Sadly, the world is full of idiots...

Old 06-19-2016, 07:38 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 961 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
Dude was way out of line, but it also looked like you were taking your own sweet time on that pass.
Right on the money!

Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Clayjenson
Tourer
Received 320 Likes on 128 Posts

I watched the video several times. There's nothing here we don't encounter on a regular basis. Thanks OP.
My thinking is the idiot was overtaking everybody well before you saw him. You needed a little more giddy-up in your pass IMO. That guy passed on your right and kept going intending to pass semi as well.
You didn't see him? Could that be error on your part? If he was 15 mph faster approaching you and 2 cars, you could have blinkered over in his way? I would have lingered behind and let you get around traffic being we weren't riding together. If we were together, you had left side and me going faster on right. Pay attention. I have no problem getting passed that close in same lane. I saw you.
It gets way more technical than this scenario from my experience.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:43 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Who does that??? What a dick!
Right on.. If you were inattentive and cut back without checking your mirrors it could of been all over for you and him both. No excuse for what he did

Old 06-19-2016, 01:09 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
Now explain to me the difference between what this guy did that is any different than lane splitting?
From my limited knowledge of lane splitting it is to be done at low speed when traffic is stopped or moving slowly, not on a freeway at high rates of speed. Also when lane splitting I wouldent anticipate someone passing me at a VERY high rate of speed that could kill me if I changed coarse. We get it, your not a fan of lane splitting but this is not even close to dooing it

Old 06-19-2016, 01:33 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

I can't believe ANYONE here defends that move. I guarantee any, and I mean ANY one of us would have been surprised, startled and pissed had someone done this to them. Checking the mirrors or no, no one would have expected this douche to pull through like that. Just because you see him in your mirror, doesn't mean this is right.

Quick Reply: Bad biker manners