General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragon not so nice guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Yea, with a fork.................
and squirt some mustard on the "hot dog" too

Old 06-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Robjr
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
He was right, you and your friend were wrong. Ride your own ride; don't force everyone behind you to ride it too. When a faster bike comes up on you, move to the right of the lane and motion them past.

You might not think you were holding anyone up, but clearly you were. Don't care how old you are, don't care how long you've been riding. Common courtesy and rider's etiquette says you let faster traffic past.
Your a dumb*ss, if they were riding already above the speed limit. It is not their duty to pull over and let the idiot by. If they were traveling below the posted speed, then I would agree with you. Ride up my *** when I'm riding and see what you get at the next stop. To the OP, you and your friend were clearly in the right. Keep doing what your doing, be safe and enjoy the ride.

The following 5 users liked this post by Robjr:
jakenok (06-16-2016), OldCuss (06-16-2016), RickLB (06-16-2016), sunderhill (06-16-2016), tar_snake (06-19-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,666 Likes on 2,676 Posts

All that helmet would have done was kept him conscious until the pain kicked in. It doesn't matter how right you are if you can't explain yourself in a reasonable manner.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (06-19-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 08:37 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by monkeyboy22
Would have been cooler if he had taken out his pistol, turned around and taken a shot at him. Oh wait, it was another bike, not a dump truck. Never mind.
Man you are Killin me!!!! Almost spit up my coffee.... Some things just SHOULDN"T EVER go away!!!!! Nice resurrection!!!!! Kudo's!!!

Ha....Come to think of it MLB lives out that way!!! Might of been MIKEEEE!!!! LOL.. (Good Thing Huffy dint mess with him..)

Old 06-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Man you are Killin me!!!! Almost spit up my coffee.... Some things just SHOULDN"T EVER go away!!!!! Nice resurrection!!!!! Kudo's!!!

Ha....Come to think of it MLB lives out that way!!! Might of been MIKEEEE!!!! LOL.. (Good Thing Huffy dint mess with him..)
Might of been MIKEEEE!!!! .... Tim, Go To Your Room :>)

Old 06-16-2016, 08:59 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

You have no obligation to pull over, but it's better to have the ahole in front of you than behind. Still sounds like he could use a little humbling.. aka Red Forman style.

tar_snake (06-19-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 09:15 AM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I've been in both situations - fast on the dragon on a sportbike, and slower on a goldwing. When I pulled up on someone, unless they are going under the speed limit, I'd just ride slower and enjoy the view until I could pass. When had someone pull up behind me, I'd move to the right as soon as it was safe and let them pass.
Riding is supposed to be a calming and enjoyable experience. Why do people get so bent out of shape over such trivial things?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:16 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Rode the Dragon many times, even before it was so popular. Pull off the road? Guy would have gotten at least a hearty **** you from me, if not a stomping for acting an ***. Dragon is not a race track. If Ronnie Racer wants to be the only one on the road and go fast, then go do track days. Chances are, he's not good enough to do that.

I'll let someone pass on a road like that, but I'm not too happy with lane sharing with someone who has a multiplicative speed differential. If I want that, I'll pull out the old Duc and go do a track day myself. Pusswad, should have flashed his lights and passed, even if it meant going over the yellow. Again, his hissy fit prolly means he can't ride worth a ****. If he knew how to ride fast, he would have just passed without all the drama.

Buzz me too close on a road like that, and I'll find you at the next stop and it won't be nice.

tar_snake (06-19-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 09:26 AM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I debated weather to post or not, but I am going to. I am a former supermoto rider, I have had several.

If you haven't owned one i'm not sure you can appreciate how much faster those bikes are on a road like the dragon than anything else. I don't care what kind of Harley or cruiser you re riding, the best rider riding any harley at 100% is going to be slow to a decent rider on a moto. On a road like the dragon a moto will eat superbikes for lunch, I have seen it.

If you and your friend would have made any kind of room, even just move to the side of your lane, the moto would have been gone. It sounds to me like you and your friend sped up and rode fast for you, and possibly put yourself in danger in order to keep up.

It sounds like the guy was a jerk, and should have handled himself a lot better, but supermotos are made for the Dragon. Give them the center half of the lane and let them go. They will be gone in no time, and you can enjoy the road at whatever speed you enjoy.

Last edited by wilddave; 06-16-2016 at 09:30 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by wilddave:
04ctd (06-20-2016), Br125 (06-16-2016), DuciDay (03-24-2024)
Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 AM
SD lumpy
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I hope that I don't have some *** hat come up to me and get in my face like that when we are down there, I don't have that much self control if someone get in my face like that. You where in the right

The following 2 users liked this post by SD lumpy:
jakenok (06-16-2016), tar_snake (06-19-2016)

Quick Reply: Dragon not so nice guy