General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Pro-Pipe

Old 07-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Major Thom
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Problems with Pro-Pipe

I am on my 3rd V&H Pro Pipe on 3 different bikes. I currently have a 14 Street Bob with a black Pro-Pipe. Apparently the screws loosened up on the end cap and the baffle and end cap blew out on the freeway. I went back to look for it, but couldn't find it.

I call V&H customer service to get the part number because ALL of the end caps for sale anywhere on the internet are the older style and are not compatible. The guy in customer service tells me they don't carry it and will have to be special made and shipped from Indiana. I placed the order and patiently wait 2 weeks...the period he said it would take. I call back to follow up and the guy looks my order up and said I had the completely wrong one on order...it was the stainless hi output, not black. So I canceled the order and thought I'd try to find it elsewhere.

I go to an authorized V&H dealer, Josh's Boars Nest in Oceanside, CA and figure they would have better luck. They had the baffle in stock, but not the end cap. So I place the order with them. Two more weeks later, still no end cap. They call to follow up and have trouble with being considered a dealer. So they square away the paperwork and place my order (again).

Two more weeks later (now 6 weeks), they follow up and my order still isn't shipped. They now say this is a special order end cap and needs to be made and will take...guess how long...2 MORE WEEKS! ARGGHHH!!!

So I am running around with basically open exhaust and hoping I don't get a ticket. My neighbors and brothers I ride with all hate me. No one believes I even ordered it at this point. I have to ride with ear plugs. It is stupid.

So lesson learned...NEVER buy V&H again. After spending thousands of dollars on their products, I am done. I am not one to complain and post something online like this, but this is terrible customer service. I'm highly considering dumping this pipe all together and going with a different brand. These should have been designed not to lose the end cap anyway. I hear this is a common problem and it is like $225 for replacements if you can ever get them. I'm not sure why V&H couldn't just pull this off a system that was already made and take care of their customers.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:04 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts
Old 07-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Major Thom
Road Captain

EMBO toolbag

Old 07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I have a Pro Pipe on my Dyna and I love it. Never had a minutes trouble with it.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Major Thom
Road Captain

Check ur scews on emd pipe often and use loctite

Old 07-06-2016, 03:37 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Put the stock pipe(s) back on. If you no longer have it, find one on ebay. There has to be at least one other owner that wanted that extra 1/2 hp, and macho sound that only V&H can offer.