General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to E-Z Brake

Old 07-20-2016, 08:08 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Shout out to E-Z Brake

Just need to pass along some fantastic customer service from E-Z Brake.

The other day, I ordered from their website; an EZ Brake pedal, +2 toe shifter and their anti-rattle spacer. Going on my soon-to-be-here '14 FLHP.

David from E-Z Brake emails me, asking basically if I meant to order the heel shift eliminator, and not the spacer - I assume as I did not order the extended heel shifter. He said they want to ship my order asap, but they wanted to check with me on this.

I answered back that since I was moving the footboards forward a bit, I was going to keep the stock heel shifter, as it will be behind the board anyway. I asked if that combination of E-Z brake parts was compatible with the stock heel shifter.

In no time at all, Dave got back me saying, yes it will work, and also that they just wanted to be sure about my order. One or two more freindly emails about my plans and how i could of course order the heel shifter later if I wanted to.

Shortly after that I got the automated emails that my order was processed and shipped.

Very happy with the customer service. But that's not the best part.

A short time later, i get an email that my CC is being refunded $19. Followed by an email from Dave saying that since they have a discount package will the 2 shifters, spacer and brake, since I ordered 3 of the 4 parts, he was giving me some discount.

Now, I knew of the package discount, but since I did not want the new heel shifter, I thought, no biggie, it was still cheaper to not buy that part, rather than buy it and get a discount.

Short version: I ordered something a little unusual, they contacted me to make sure it was not a mistake. Then, they gave me an unexpected discount.

There are still some great folks out there making a great product, and treat you right. This forum has been a goldmine for finding them. E-Z Brake is now on my list.

The following 2 users liked this post by CJeep:
Fourdogs (08-02-2016), RandyL (08-02-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 07:59 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read your other post in the Softbrake thread. I'm shopping so this was informative. SB does have a crappy website don't they.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Fourdogs
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the info. The EZ Brake website is much better and I ordered the brake and shifter package. Just received them yesterday and looking forward to getting them installed.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Fourdogs
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Got the EZ Brake and shifter kit installed, a great investment!

Old 08-07-2016, 06:14 AM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I should add, that I misread the instructions, thought the brake did not fit. Dave was responding to my emails on Saturday, and told me to call him when I was at my bike next. Called him on Sunday, and he walked me through my error. Instal was easy. I'm a dummy. But I still had the owner of the company on the phone with me on Sunday morning.