General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK seat for two up

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Tracker1
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RK seat for two up

I was just wanting some opinions on two up bike seats for my 2001 RK. I am 230lbs. and my wife is 135lbs. if that helps.
I know I can find them but I would like opinions from people that own them.
Thanks.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

Have you considered having your seat reworked? My wife has just started to ride with me and I am thinking about having MCC redo the back section to give her some more comfort. Haven't spoke with them yet, but they get tons of great revues from folks on this forum. Plus, it will be a lot cheaper than a new seat....

Old 07-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Tracker1
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Hammerhead Pat;15358937]Have you considered having your seat reworked? My wife has just started to ride with me and I am thinking about having MCC redo the back section to give her some more comfort. Haven't spoke with them yet, but they get tons of great revues from folks on this forum. Plus, it will be a lot cheaper than a new seat....[/QUOTE

I know what's involved being that I have a boat canvas shop and do upholstery. The seat is 16 years old and I know foam hardens over time.
If I can find the right seat and have confidence in my decision on the seat I would rather buy new. I see some are over priced.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:09 PM
bballkking1
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

U want a seat for extended comfort on longer rides?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:50 PM
kokemill
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I picked an HD ultimate seat (2 piece) for an 09 RK due to the fact that it had a wide pillion too keep the complaints down from back there. I'm only 150 she is about 135, but I'm probably mis judging that and she is only 115 if she ever reads this. We have the HD sundowner on a Sportster ( longest 2 up - 400 miles it 7 hours) and on a Dyna ( longest day 500 miles - 17 hours with stops including ferry ride). She claims there is no difference between any of them. I notice the extra width on the RK and for next it is a negative.

The ultimate was a waste for me, the back rest doesn't fit my riding and I found it annoying. I think there is a model , same seat, with no back rest. One thing to note is I don't care what the seat looks like (or the bike). It needs to be comfortable for 17 hour days. Many riders would not like how the RK seat looks.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Tracker1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bballkking1
U want a seat for extended comfort on longer rides?
Not really. Due to issues with my wrists long rides are only something I use to do. I hope some day that will change.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,183 Likes on 5,610 Posts

I ran a Mustang wide touring seat on my 03 RK and my Street Bob. Great seat, very comfortable and looks pretty good for a two up seat

Old 07-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Look at the Corbin's. I'm running one on my '96 RK. They're comfortable and have removable back rests for both rider and passenger. Check out your local Indy shops as they may have a selection of different seats to try out before you buy. Also check out your local craigslist.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:12 PM
BadDogBiker
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually kind of like the stock seat on my RK, pretty comfy. Still got 500 in dealer credit I need to blow and almost wasted it on a seat.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by BadDogBiker
I actually kind of like the stock seat on my RK, pretty comfy. Still got 500 in dealer credit I need to blow and almost wasted it on a seat.
That right there. I put a lot of miles on my '01 RK with the factory seat on it. Very comfortable. Then again, I never bought a Mustang or other aftermarket brand so I may not know what I'm missing.

Quick Reply: RK seat for two up