General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP WITH maggie valley nc

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:46 PM
1957buick
Club Member
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts
Thumbs down HELP WITH maggie valley nc

Going to maggie valley aug 7 looking for a good motel ,hotel . also where to eat and where not to stay or eat . I know a lot of u have bin there and can recommend some places , my wife and i do not need anything fancy just clean and friendly. we will be riding from jersey on our 08 ultra pulling a small cargo trailer any info would be great. we are both in our 60's and want a good vacation !!! THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

think I'll tag on to this one and watch, thanks

Old 07-27-2016, 08:49 PM
kiwiharleydavidson
Tourer
Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

good thread im off to the wheels through time museum next year in Maggie Valley so this might help me as well :-)
Bruce NZ

Old 07-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I always try to stay at the Alamo Motel. It is not always the most crowded with motorcycles, but it is the best bang for your buck in MV. The single rooms are small but usually 50 bucks or less. It's very clean, and the owners are great folks.

Many recommend the Holiday Motel, but I stayed there a few weeks ago and didn't think it was worth the money compared to the Alamo. Not as clean and 20 bucks more per night.

MV is not known for fantastic places to eat, but I had a great meal at the Haywood Smokehouse in Waynesville which is only a 10-15 minute ride. Joeys does serve up a good breakfast in MV, and I've had really good pizza from Snappy's there.

There are several recent threads on MV in the Road Trips section.

Also at the Alamo are nice cottages if you are staying more than one night and need a little more room. Still very affordable.

http://www.alamomotel.com

Last edited by Cousy; 07-27-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:13 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I would stay in Waynesville, NC. If it rains, you will have something to do with in walking distance. Make sure to ride hwy 215 south from Waynesville to the BRP. Then the BRP south to Cherokee. One of the best rides in area. Best place to eat is Bogaarts in Waynesville.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:15 PM
hutch4
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

In Maggie Valley is the Wheels thru Time Museum. A must stop. It has a lot of motorcycles and cars. Joey's Pancake house was very good. They are only open until one or two. A little west is a place we stayed near Robinsonvile, NC. It's the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. It's a place for bikers. The later part of the week they have evening meals and breakfast everyday. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's close to The Tail of the Dragon and Fontana Dam. That's where the dam scene from the Fugitive was filmed.
On the Blue Ridge Parkway we stayed at the Little Switzerland Inn. It was a nice place with a good restaurant. There's a lot to do in this area.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 PM
KYfishtail
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smoky Mountain Lodge might be a little expensive, but i highly recommend it. I stayed there for a week in June.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

A side trip down to Highlands NC is recommended. Stop at Bridal Veil Falls. Enjoy a very beautiful ride there. From Waynesville take 74 to Sylva. 23 to Franklin. 64 to Highlands. The falls are before you get to Highlands.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:50 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If I'm not mistaking it is a days inn. (however there is a motel) there is a little bar next door with good food. about a mile from wheels thru time.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:42 AM
chrisarrington
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hutch4
In Maggie Valley is the Wheels thru Time Museum. A must stop. It has a lot of motorcycles and cars. Joey's Pancake house was very good. They are only open until one or two. A little west is a place we stayed near Robinsonvile, NC. It's the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. It's a place for bikers. The later part of the week they have evening meals and breakfast everyday. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's close to The Tail of the Dragon and Fontana Dam. That's where the dam scene from the Fugitive was filmed.
On the Blue Ridge Parkway we stayed at the Little Switzerland Inn. It was a nice place with a good restaurant. There's a lot to do in this area.
The Fugitive was actually filmed at Cheoah Dam which is the dam that is on down closer to Robbinsville.

Quick Reply: HELP WITH maggie valley nc