General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles Chat my Heros

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:09 PM
BombshellZ
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default J&P Cycles Chat my Heros

I recently bought my first HD, it's amazing and I'm thrilled. Although I am very mechanically inclined but not necessarily experienced. Not to mention I'm a GIRL. In the past I've held many hot push rod covers as friends and beau's wrenched and picked up knowledge. But now that I own one of my own I have jumped in head first. Even though my bike was perfect when I got it, I touched it and caused myself some issues. Why just in changing levers got me replacing switch housing into touching cables resulting in touching carb tuning etc. The newest is having to replace the brake light switch in housing. I'm learning the hardest way by having to take apart put back together everything I touch 5 or 6 times. I wanted to add a tach because I just can't seem to trust my carb tuning though it would help, and in a VIN number decoding also found out that my new ride is actually a FXSTDI now with a Super E, meaning the manual doesn't match my electrical. (any one have a diagram of this mod would be appreciated), I try to research extensively and read manuals but the biggest help I've received are from Kyle and ***** of J&P Cycle Chat. I am grateful for their patience and considerate in dealing with a newbie. I love the fact I get to immediately discuss my situation whatever it is. Thanks guys

2001 Deuce
3000 miles
S&S Shorty Super E
HellBent exhaust
Air Ride
Pat Kennedy front end

Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,615 Likes on 4,622 Posts

what somebody has done was remove the fuel injection, and that means the correct diagram will be for a non injected deuce. try that. But this will only affect the engine wiring, (for the most part!) you handle bars and other body equipment wiring will be the same as what the diagram says. If you need any help, there are a lot of smart people here that can give you a hand

The following users liked this post:
BombshellZ (08-01-2016)