Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Too damn hot, but falls a coming.. Brake help needed (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1131524-too-damn-hot-but-falls-a-coming-brake-help-needed.html)

Quiet Thunder 08-14-2016 10:11 AM

Too damn hot, but falls a coming.. Brake help needed

I was checking the brakes the other day and will be needing a set before the real riding season gets here. What type has the best stopping power/longevity?
Hawk? OEM? EBC? Milwaukee Twins? Brembo?

I got 20,000 out of the OEM, Brembo, and did stop the bike every time I pushed the pedal. But what is the better of the bunch? Inquiring minds want to know...

nevil 08-14-2016 11:49 AM

I'm running EBC's they are definitely better than the stockers. Also a lot of Lyndall fans here.

Mike Lawless 08-14-2016 04:18 PM

One of the forum members suggested the EBC HH pads after I was mentioning that the Lyndalls didn't seem to have the stopping power I wanted. The HH are a significant improvement, although I do get a tiny bit of pad squeel.

I know it's much more humid in Tennessee than here in Central California, (105 today), but how is it in the early morning? I went out this morning at sun up and got myself a glorious ride in!

Quiet Thunder 08-16-2016 09:40 AM

I know it's much more humid in Tennessee than here in Central California, (105 today), but how is it in the early morning? I went out this morning at sun up and got myself a glorious ride in![/QUOTE]

Got up today 7:30 and the temperature at 74 degrees. Been way too hot to do any daytime riding, although the tourists have been trying. It's not that it's humid here, 60 to 75%, it's that the air is so clear, the sun doesn't have anything to break up the directness of the rays. Brutal!

YeOldeStonecat 08-16-2016 11:17 AM

I like EBC and Lyndall.....
Just put EMCs on my Springer this past weekend....when I bought it the prior owner had Mil Twin pads on it. Rear was squealing like a mofo..and still a buncha pad left on it.
Lyndalls cost more, seem to last longer. No complaints on the EBS for longevity though. I just got them this time cuz good price at the time of purchase.

rideflhr 08-16-2016 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Quiet Thunder (Post 15419662)
I know it's much more humid in Tennessee than here in Central California, (105 today), but how is it in the early morning? I went out this morning at sun up and got myself a glorious ride in!

Got up today 7:30 and the temperature at 74 degrees. Been way too hot to do any daytime riding, although the tourists have been trying. It's not that it's humid here, 60 to 75%, it's that the air is so clear, the sun doesn't have anything to break up the directness of the rays. Brutal![/QUOTE]

I Find it to be pretty humid. I haven't been riding because of the heat.Not my idea of a good time. I enjoy an airconditioned car much more. It looks like the heat may finally be breaking for the beginning of next week. I hope so,I get depressed when I cant or wont ride.

Quiet Thunder 08-20-2016 09:59 AM

I hear ya. TOO hot, but the problem now is when the heat goes away, the rains cometh. Might just hafta get wet...